2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 711 Times on 554 Posts

latest update...

tekgreg..................iffy
balota....................payment sent
windsofchange.........iffy
trip286...................iffy
ozarkfrog................iffy
ironhorse944...........iffy

-----------

winds....this is garb...

for those considering the meet, here is your bug out list:

* shotgun, 12ga or 20ga. must have shoulder stock. must be in working order. suggest pump, semi, o&u, or sbs.
* interchangable chokes both IC & FULL. SKT will be fine too. if you dont have a gun with interchangable chokes, bring two shotguns...one with a full and one with a skeet or IC choke in it.
* 10 boxes of ammo, 7 1/2 or 8 shot.
* ball cap
* safety glasses, clear or smoked.
* shell pouch if you have one. (dont buy one, i have some you can borrow.)
* ear plugs, not ear muffs. those big dorky ones will interfere with your stock fit to your cheek.
* batters gloves. nice but not needed.
* 10 gallons of nerves
* 1 humble pie
* and 8 hours of energy

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by bobski; 04-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #52
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7178 Times on 4320 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
latest update...

windsofchange.........iffy

-----------

winds....this is garb...

for those considering the meet, here is your bug out list:

* shotgun, 12ga or 20ga. must have shoulder stock. must be in working order. suggest pump, semi, o&u, or sbs.
* interchangable chokes both IC & FULL. SKT will be fine too. if you dont have a gun with interchangable chokes, bring two shotguns...one with a full and one with a skeet or IC choke in it.
* 10 boxes of ammo, 7 1/2 or 8 shot.
* ball cap
* safety glasses, clear or smoked.
* shell pouch if you have one. (dont buy one, i have some you can borrow.)
* ear plugs, not ear muffs. those big dorky ones will interfere with your stock fit to your cheek.
* batters gloves. nice but not needed.
* 10 gallons of nerves
* 1 humble pie
* and 8 hours of energy
I'm glad I asked. I don't have any of the shotgun stuff and I'm hoping you can help me along with that. I can buy the ammo from you. I have a ball cap, safety glasses, ear plugs. I could get batters gloves if you think I need them. I definitely have 10 gallons of nerve, I know I have more than one humble pie. I'm going to have to buy that 8 hours of energy, though.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #53

excercise. start lifting arm weights. those little girly 5lb hand weights that zumba dancers carry would be perfect in each hand. hold them at your waste and then lift straight out to the sides. do it until you cant lift anymore. then the next day, add one or two more lifts.

then, take those weights, and hold them straight out and hold! and count. then drop. then add time to your holds next day.
by the time you get to the meet in oct, the 6 lb gun will feel like a feather. and youll have gorilla arms. we'll spot you in the crowd for sure.

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #54
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

I also have no shotgun. I do have a shooting vest with a large front pocket, but no pouch. I'll bring 10 boxes of ammo, but may need to trade after finding out what gauge suits me. The 10 gallons of nerves remains to be seen, but plenty of humble pie and a box full of 5 Hour Energy!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #55
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
excercise. start lifting arm weights. those little girly 5lb hand weights that zumba dancers carry would be perfect in each hand. hold them at your waste and then lift straight out to the sides. do it until you cant lift anymore. then the next day, add one or two more lifts.

then, take those weights, and hold them straight out and hold! and count. then drop. then add time to your holds next day.
by the time you get to the meet in oct, the 6 lb gun will feel like a feather. and youll have gorilla arms. we'll spot you in the crowd for sure.
I'll do what my old joints will permit me to do. "girly 5 lb handweights"

And rest assured you will 'spot me in the crowd' in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I also have no shotgun. I do have a shooting vest with a large front pocket, but no pouch. I'll bring 10 boxes of ammo, but may need to trade after finding out what gauge suits me. The 10 gallons of nerves remains to be seen, but plenty of humble pie and a box full of 5 Hour Energy!

I'll share some of my "nerve" if you share the 5 Hour Energy. LOL
Balota Likes This 
Old 04-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #56

easy day. i'll be on my feet 14 hours for the meet. no sweat.
no pain, no gain.
winds, im putting you on the noon squad. the 4 others with you are husband wife groups. the girls never shot before. i think youll feel better on their squad; and, this way you can watch the 9am squad first.
----------

latest update...

windsofchange.........payment sent

============

9am
1. BALOTA.............payment sent

12noon:
1. OZARK777.................paid.....ticket sent
2. OZARK777BRO...........paid.....ticket sent
3. OZARK777WIFE..........paid....ticket sent
4. OZARK777BROSWIFE...paid....ticket sent
5. WINDSOFCHANGE........payment sent

4pm:

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 04-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #57

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm soaking up some OT right now, and going to soak up more. I just invested in a gun, so I'm pretty damn serious about coming to the meet, but I have to buy groceries and pay my insurance bill this week. Also planning a trip to Wyoming this summer, so I'm just having to pay strict attention to detail with my finances. But, you can count me in. When's the deadline for payment?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #58

the deadline is when someone books in front of you and gets the 5th spot on a squad. whoevers check gets here first, gets booked. and based on the fact that its only one month into the new reservations, id say it wont be long. last meet took 4 months to get only 2. i have 2 now in less than 4 weeks.
i will take bookings up till the actual day of the match, but there is no guarentee i can get late bookers squaded. when its full, its full. but as mentioned before, if i have to, i will open up another weekend if i need to. its just i wont be able to have all ftf members together on one day for the 'hoot' part of the meet.

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 04-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #59
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I just linked this thread to my oldest son via email. He might be interested in joining us. Would that be awesome or what?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #60

does he have a handle on ftf? if not and he is interested, i'll list him as son of change. or winds of son. lol.
--------

last meet, we had an annon' ftf member/donor who didnt even come to the meet, help pay for the trophies. ask around. if you know someone here who'd like to pop in a few to help build the trophies, put them in contact with me.
and too, if theres anyone who knows they cant come but wants to donate a free ticket or some ammo to someone who cant afford it, (or find it,) let me know. we can set up a free ticket with ammo paid for on a squad for another ftf member.

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 04-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Closed Thread