2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 55
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #541
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 890 Times on 696 Posts

agree.
any luck finding others on ftf wanting a 3rd meet?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #542

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

They'll be more interest I'm sure, after this meet.

As far as food goes, I'm thinking October 5 should be great chili weather.

I happen to make pretty good chili.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #543

you may be right, but the 3rd meet is only 2 weeks later. we need to get tickets sold now so i can order another ton of targets. kick those bushes!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Old 06-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #544
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8507 Times on 5085 Posts
Likes Given: 11138

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
They'll be more interest I'm sure, after this meet.

As far as food goes, I'm thinking October 5 should be great chili weather.

I happen to make pretty good chili.
I have several Crock Pots of all different sizes. Why don't you make some chili, freeze it and it can thaw on the way down. That way it won't be thawed for too long. We can throw it in the Crock Pot the day of the shoot. If you are going to camp, I can probably put it in the 'fridge of my hotel room overnight.

I don't want anyone spending all morning in the kitchen cooking when we all really want to be out shooting or watching the others shoot. I know I want to watch so I can see how the others handle their shotguns and shoot. I'm there to learn and there isn't much I can learn in the kitchen that I don't already know.

Wait, is your chili going to be so hot it'll make me cry?

Old 06-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #545

My chili has blistered the inside of my mouth, but my mouth seems to just be sensitive like that. Sue was eating from the very same batch and asked for a 4th helping. He's also been eating whole jalapenos for a while now... So, that's really debatable. I don't think it's hot...my ex punched me in the mouth because it was too hot for her. My sister likes it, and she doesn't like super spicey stuff.

It's really a matter of opinion winds...
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #546
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8507 Times on 5085 Posts
Likes Given: 11138

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My chili has blistered the inside of my mouth, but my mouth seems to just be sensitive like that. Sue was eating from the very same batch and asked for a 4th helping. He's also been eating whole jalapenos for a while now... So, that's really debatable. I don't think it's hot...my ex punched me in the mouth because it was too hot for her. My sister likes it, and she doesn't like super spicey stuff.

It's really a matter of opinion winds...
I am just starting to like spicy food. If you want to make your chili, go ahead. If it's too spicy for me I'll just eat something else. But I promise I won't punch you in the mouth. Sheesh!!

Yesterday I got some hand made tamales at a family owned Mexican restaurant in my town. I asked them for sauce that wasn't very spicy. They gave me a couple little cups of sauce and said it wasn't too spicy. I think it was. So I know it's a matter of opinion.
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #547
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2866 Times on 1742 Posts
Likes Given: 2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I am just starting to like spicy food. If you want to make your chili, go ahead. If it's too spicy for me I'll just eat something else. But I promise I won't punch you in the mouth. Sheesh!!

Yesterday I got some hand made tamales at a family owned Mexican restaurant in my town. I asked them for sauce that wasn't very spicy. They gave me a couple little cups of sauce and said it wasn't too spicy. I think it was. So I know it's a matter of opinion.
Chef's secret for spicy hot foods: Chocolate. The stuff that makes chili and jalapenos and the like super hot is a fat-soluble compound. If you eat something way too hot for you, grab a piece of Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Kills excess heat almost instantly.

Learning to eat spicy should be a gradual effort. Work your way up to it.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Chef's secret for spicy hot foods: Chocolate. The stuff that makes chili and jalapenos and the like super hot is a fat-soluble compound. If you eat something way too hot for you, grab a piece of Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Kills excess heat almost instantly.

Learning to eat spicy should be a gradual effort. Work your way up to it.
You can also cook spicy foods with chocolate. This tempers the "sting" and lets the flavor of the peppers and such really shine through.
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #549

if it doesnt sting, why eat mexican!
lol.
hey..pass the word. im having phone issues. my phones only ring once when it gets hot here. dial up is time outing on me. it took me 30 minutes to get to this thread now. server is crapping out. if you dont hear from me its because of this . call me on phone for serious issues or robert scott in mo. he will relay it to me.
this is also why my mystery pics have stopped. i cant download off my computer. it takes 40 minutes and then disconnects anyway. im working off my wifes laptop which is even slower.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #550
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2866 Times on 1742 Posts
Likes Given: 2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
if it doesnt sting, why eat mexican!
lol.
hey..pass the word. im having phone issues. my phones only ring once when it gets hot here. dial up is time outing on me. it took me 30 minutes to get to this thread now. server is crapping out. if you dont hear from me its because of this . call me on phone for serious issues or robert scott in mo. he will relay it to me.
this is also why my mystery pics have stopped. i can download off my computer. it takes 40 minutes and then disconnects anyway. im working off my wifes laptop which is even slower.
Is it the service outside or do you need to visit MyCleanPC.com?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Closed Thread