Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 505 Posts

how tall are you? that will be more important than lop.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6660 Times on 4028 Posts
Likes Given: 7916

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
so what? 1" wont make a difference. matter of fact, it may help. and since youve never shot a shotgun, you wont know until you try. always remember. if you dont like my free loaner, you can always buy a youth shotgun and bring it. but the only ones ive seen are either 12 or 20ga.
remember, shotguns arent precision shooting. be within 30" and youll hit it. heck, shoot under the armpit too!
Every time I've shot a shotgun it hurt my shoulder. I've been told it's because I can't shoulder it properly. At this point, I'm not interested in owning a shotgun. That may change, though I know you'll be able to guide me to the best shotgun for me for that day.

Quote:
how tall are you? that will be more important than lop.
I am 4'11".

Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #13

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I am 4'11".
Ya know... you're lucky I don't participate in short jokes. Actually I try to avoid all jokes about physical conditions. I'm a fat boy. I lost a bunch of weight in boot camp, then started making fat jokes. By the look of disgust on people's faces, I realized how much of an ******* I was being, and quit. My punishment? I'm now fatter than I ever was. Karma is one severely cold hearted Bitch.

but, if I made short jokes, you'd be the brunt (came damn close just now...). Just saying.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

the reason i ask your height and sleeve length is the bbl length is what tires your arms. with a 24" 410 pencil bbl, theres no weight, so you should be able to hold it.
as far as kick...you probably were getting punished with a 12 or 20ga, right? if you shot a 410, youd know theres no kick. you dont even need a pad with a 410.
seriously, you can talk yourself out of a good time if you let all these things bug ya. i mean serious...its not that bad. in 410. granted, you may not do so well at those 27yd shots, but i shoot skeet all day with 410 and have a blast. the only other thing i can tell ya is find someone near you and try a 410. heck, even a stevens crackshot in 410 probably kicks more than my guns. but they are plentiful. look for one and see if you can test fire one.

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Ya know... you're lucky I don't participate in short jokes. Actually I try to avoid all jokes about physical conditions. I'm a fat boy. I lost a bunch of weight in boot camp, then started making fat jokes. By the look of disgust on people's faces, I realized how much of an ******* I was being, and quit. My punishment? I'm now fatter than I ever was. Karma is one severely cold hearted Bitch.

but, if I made short jokes, you'd be the brunt (came damn close just now...). Just saying.
I don't mind short jokes at all. Go for it. Let's start a thread.

Quote:
the reason i ask your height and sleeve length is the bbl length is what tires your arms. with a 24" 410 pencil bbl, theres no weight, so you should be able to hold it.
as far as kick...you probably were getting punished with a 12 or 20ga, right? if you shot a 410, youd know theres no kick. you dont even need a pad with a 410.
seriously, you can talk yourself out of a good time if you let all these things bug ya. i mean serious...its not that bad. in 410. granted, you may not do so well at those 27yd shots, but i shoot skeet all day with 410 and have a blast. the only other thing i can tell ya is find someone near you and try a 410. heck, even a stevens crackshot in 410 probably kicks more than my guns. but they are plentiful. look for one and see if you can test fire one.
Believe me, I know I'm going to have a good time. The shotgun I fired was a 16 gauge. It's not bugging me. If it WERE bugging me, I wouldn't be going.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #16

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Three really short people didn't walk into a bar...

Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't mind short jokes at all. Go for it. Let's start a thread.

Believe me, I know I'm going to have a good time. The shotgun I fired was a 16 gauge. It's not bugging me. If it WERE bugging me, I wouldn't be going.
20 GA is a little lighter than 16 GA, followed by 28 GA, 32 GA, and .410 (there's a few more between them if you want to get into the REALLY obscure GAs.)

You shouldn't have a problem with .410 out of a shotgun. Heck, people shoot that out of revolvers too.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-10-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
20 GA is a little lighter than 16 GA, followed by 28 GA, 32 GA, and .410 (there's a few more between them if you want to get into the REALLY obscure GAs.)

You shouldn't have a problem with .410 out of a shotgun. Heck, people shoot that out of revolvers too.
Then a .410 it is. I'll try out others, too. I'm sure Bobski can help me find the right shot gun for me to use.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

heck...as long as its a full choke....no doubt wind's can shoot a snake charmer!
look it up winds....snake charmer 410 shotgun. its only a single shot but heck, we aint gonna make you shoot doubles if youre new at the games.

Retired Naval Aviation

Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
heck...as long as its a full choke....no doubt wind's can shoot a snake charmer!
look it up winds....snake charmer 410 shotgun. its only a single shot but heck, we aint gonna make you shoot doubles if youre new at the games.
I'll try anything. I'm a clean slate. Build me up to be whatever I should be when it comes to shooting.

Closed Thread