2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13 - Page 100
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Missouri Gun Forum > 2nd FTF Shotgun Shoot & Hoot, Vanzant, Mo. OCT 5, 13

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #991
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Mrs. Tekgreg showing Bobski how it's done. LOL She was a very good shot and didn't wimp out like some other woman who went.

She shot the first group at 9 am after driving 600+ miles and got two hours sleep! Hella tough and she is hoping to see more females there in April because this is so much FUN! This is not a "Guy Thing" and women, wives and girlfriends pick it up just as fast! Besides, getting this training ($200-300) in a fun, friendly atmosphere with staff that love to train is a priceless combination!

Any gals that are thinking about it please ask Winds or send your questions to me with "TekWife" in the subject line and I'll pass it straight to her!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #992
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

May not make it in April but would love to come after that if its "Bullie breed " friendly( I guess we'll rent an RV if we don't own one by then).

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #993
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
By the way, Bobski & his wife asked me to thank GeoBob, Astro, my wife and all the others that kicked in for dinner. Balota got kissed on the cheek and Winds hugged to death, but they said they didn't realize at the time that others had chipped in. It was better that way anyway - it was all getting too gushy!
Yes, others chipped in very generously. I can't remember if the others chipping in came before or after all the Public Displays of Affection. Everyone wanted to help pay for the dinners because everyone was so appreciative of the wonderful time we had at Bobski, Robert S and Sarah's efforts.

And Bobski went around the table saying a little something he observed about each of us. He even included the wonderful server at the restaurant who handled are large table of diners. And she played right along with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Both posted, Bobski!

Balota, fastening Velcro to a penguin's behind MIGHT be perceived by PETA as an act of cruelty. You better not get Bobski and company in trouble by getting the farm raided by animal-nazis! Winds should police all acts of possible animal abuse and keep us PC.

Does that make Winds the Penguin Police? She'll need a black and white waiter uniform with a badge!
Animal abuse? I didn't mention (until now) that Balota squashed an Opossum under his car tire, did I?

Old 10-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #994

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Friends of Bobski: He is having troubles getting logged into FTF. He said to let you know he would be posting more and that's the reason he isn't.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #995
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I let Notdku know Bobski is having trouble and I'm sure it will be cleared up soon.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #996
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
here it is guys.
click this link for the place to leave a review!!!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/shops-ranges/missouri/

and this one too please!!
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2888
Reviews left at both sites.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #997

Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

thanks to all for getting me back in!

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #998

hey astro, balota! ...i dance for feedback!
http://www.firearmstalk.com/shops-ranges/missouri/

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Last edited by bobski; 10-09-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #999

you guys were great. thank you to everyone one of you that made it possible. the 3 of us woke up the next morning to see tekgreg off safely. our bodies didnt realize they were exhausted. tek got out around 11:30 after we chatted in the club for a while. it was a clear cool and sunny day. if it wasnt for the fact water was dripping out of my guns, id never have known it rained the day prior. soon as tek left i made the mistake of sitting down and............zzzzzz. 3pm i woke up. alls back to normal now.
thanks for all the great compliments you all left. it really means a lot to me. some of you may know ive been slandered and accused of crooked and wrong doing on other websites from people who have never been here. ive even been banished for offering my place to people who ASKED for a website shoot. i got banished by some dork who accused me of telling a guy how to lie to his boss to get time off for the shoot. weird people out there. thank goodness they arent on ftf. i hope if they lurk in here, theyll realize their error when they read all your comments. ftf is the winner website, thanks to notdku. THANK YOU.
there were a lot of questions i didnt get a chance to answer at the meet. let me see if i can remember some of them.

targets in the fields missed: targets when flung, spider crack. even if they look good, if you try to load them again, they will fall apart. since they have pitch in them, we try to pick them up and use them for road errosion control.

bullets: it was mentioned that i may try to make a r&p range in the future. i cant guys, sorry. too much legal red tape. i dont have as much control on a firing line as i do on a shotgun range. one stray bullet, one dead cow, and im a poor man. sorry.

different color targets: we load different colors to let us know how empty the machines are. new machines hold 500 birds. mine being 50 years old only hold 135....which allows 5 guys to shoot with 10 mulligans.

meet modification: the meet is 6 games. for whatever reasons, many left the meet early and some didnt finish (dnf.) i will pose the idea of trimming the number of events to speed up the match at the cost of not seeing some games in the sport. if we had 5, the squads would go faster. or i can combine doc adams and poor man 5 stand into one game. 1/2 would be doc, 1/2 would be poor man? youd still get the feel of 6 games.

fatigue: most of you were wiped out after 5 games. it effects concentration. i saw a lot of flying elbows turning into landing gear elbows. down and locked, ready for landing! lol. i also heard a lot of...'did i hit it?' that tells me your eyes were closed and you werent seeing what you were aimig at. with only 5 games total played in april, maybe we would be more alive at the end. ideas?

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 10-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1000

if winds would be kind enough to detach the 2nd ftf sticky in the mo. room? we can let it float down and prep for the 3rd ftf sticky!

Retired Naval Aviation

Closed Thread