overview of Mississippi's new open carry law - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Mississippi Gun Forum > overview of Mississippi's new open carry law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

Oh Hell, I offended someone on this forum with racial profiling? I beg your pardon, and bless your heart.

But, there are gun-toting gang-bangers, and there are Hispanic farm workers in Mississippi,(legal and illegal) there will be nothing to prevent either of them to carry as I propose. It will be their right as well as the good-ole-boys. What I am saying that the preacher, the deputy and Grandma ain't gonna appreciate it, but there won't be a dang thing they can do about it, cause what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

On my next trip to New Orleans, maybe I will get some bandoleers and hog-legs, for the brief trip through Miss., but I promise I won't wear my drawers around my knees. (oh damn, I did it again)
Again, the people who open carry don't tend to fit your racial profiling. You're doing nothing but making yourself look like an ass for trying to beat this horse.

There are blacks and Hispanics everywhere. Open carriers tend to be middle class white people.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
It will be interesting to see how the general population of Mississippi react to non-convicted gang-bangers walking around with 9s hanging out of their drawers, or Hispanic farm workers cashing their checks at the grocery store with a pair of hog-legs and crossed bandoleer of ammo.
Funny enough, a buddy of mine was expressing a similar concern to your example to a deputy last week and then related the conversation to me. Third hand translation: Any "suspicious person" can be questioned/"interviewed" now, and will remain subject to a similar interrogative even when they are allowed by law to "open carry" a firearm. IOW, if a deputy passes a row of people displaying "colors", gang signs, gang tattoos (presumably not butterflies), and similar "gang activity" items, that deputy can stop and chat the guys up and fish for a reasonable reason to run their ID's for warrants and such.

I don't know about the Hispanic farm hands; I guess they will watch for guys with 5 gallon buckets and chicken cages?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #23

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

We should get a final answer today if Kidd doesn't try to drag this out any longer.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #24

As expected, that scumbag did the predicted thing & extended it: http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/2013/07/12/judge-declares-miss-open-carry-gun-law-unconstitutionally-vague/

Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #25

He put a permanent injunction on it so now a new bill would have to be written & quite possibly suffer the same fate. "Unconstitutionally vague" is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. It's all about money, the justice system needs criminals & open carry would sure put a dent in it.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
He put a permanent injunction on it so now a new bill would have to be written & quite possibly suffer the same fate. "Unconstitutionally vague" is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. It's all about money, the justice system needs criminals & open carry would sure put a dent in it.
I'm still not 100% clear on how a circuit court judge in Hinds county can put the whole state on hold, legally?

I wonder what the latest is on Tate County (lived there, booooring), since their Sheriff had said he would go ahead with the open carry allowance? http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/22726702/desoto-and-tate-co-to-allow-open-carry

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #27

I think he stirred up a legal hornets nest. There were 350 to 400 pissed off people protecting he first time & the majority open carried to the event. I'll be damned if one person decides what's good enough for the whole but then again, I've been damned plenty.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #28

Aside from the justice system I think they're worried that nobody will buy permits anymore. What's unconstitutional is having to pay to exercise a right.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #29

I just called the Bateville Highway Patrol Office to verify whether or not if it's ok to open carry with a permit, she said no. Is she misinformed or am I?

Last edited by Scratchammo; 07-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #30

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I just called the Bateville Highway Patrol Office to verify whether or not if it's ok to open carry with a permit, she said no. Is she misinformed or am I?
She is. Contact a lawyer.