First in MS - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Mississippi Gun Forum > First in MS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSST8DOG
I used to have some family in Olive Branch, I believe. Uncle Ralph and Aunt Sue. Trying to remember, but I believe their last name was Swindol.
Those names don't ring a bell. I am not a native of the town here. The old timers seem to know all the old families. Olive Branch was named fastest growing city in America last year.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #22

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Trip, don't forget the range report. Glad you got the 1911 you wanted.
That will be covered for sure. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be raining all day here tomorrow, and I'm going to a family chicken farm too (visit, those chicken farmers can't get out much, so we have to go to them), but I will find the time and opportunity if I have to do it in a monsoon.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSST8DOG View Post
I used to have some family in Olive Branch, I believe. Uncle Ralph and Aunt Sue. Trying to remember, but I believe their last name was Swindol.
You know Rex and Helen Swindol from the Starkville region?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #24

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

So you got into the 1911 club ehh trip? Work seems to be picking up so I may be getting a walther ppq when the tax man cometh,or failing that when I sell my FNP. But in my future I do want a 1911,after that I think the handgun thirst should be quenched. A .357 mag,a 9mm and a .45 fills all the roles I would think i need from a handgun standpoint.

Anywho if I get the ppq before the next trip to the land we can break in both of em.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #25

I haven't even shot this thing yet, and I'd say I think it's worth it to get a 1911 and just stop. That's all the gun I need I think.

However, what I want is a different story. I'm already planning my next one. I'm going to call it a mutt build. I'll order a few of the cheaper parts every other week, and everything will have mismatched finishes. Just for the hell of it. Kind of like the rat rod bike I wanna build.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #26

Trip, the names sound familiar, but not really sure. That was my paternal grandmother's maiden name.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I haven't even shot this thing yet, and I'd say I think it's worth it to get a 1911 and just stop. That's all the gun I need I think.

However, what I want is a different story. I'm already planning my next one. I'm going to call it a mutt build. I'll order a few of the cheaper parts every other week, and everything will have mismatched finishes. Just for the hell of it. Kind of like the rat rod bike I wanna build.
What type of gun?

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I second the motion for a North Mississippi shoot and BBQ. As it happens, I have access to a range near Como and I bet we could set something up there.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #29

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Well for me the ppq would be a ccw/bug out gun since its a very adaquate cartridge and you can find the 9mm most everywhere and its cheaper to shoot. People get into the .45 vs 9mm all the time but it'll still put a hole in something/someone,and the ppq feels sooo good on the hand and its got a trigger that rivals worked on 1911's... in a poly gun. So to me being able to shoot faster and more accurately offsets the advantage of a .45,plus the otgerbthings I mentioned about a 9mm. But I do love the .45 and want one in a 1911,the 9 would be purely from a logistics standpoint not out of a love of the cartridge.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisJim1
I second the motion for a North Mississippi shoot and BBQ. As it happens, I have access to a range near Como and I bet we could set something up there.
That sounds good. Lets keep the idea alive until spring time and plan something. You live in como?

NEVER FORGET