You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Minnesota Gun Forum >

where's the beef?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default where's the beef?

I saw the DNR's finincial report on line. Being a little curious I wanted to see how much Pitman Robertson money MN receives and how it is spent. The PR money is from a federal tax on firearms and is collected from manufacturers. The tax is 11% on long guns and ammo, 10% on handguns, and 11 % on archery tackle. It is apportioned to the states based upon how many hunting licenses are sold. The money is to be spent on wildlife restoration, education, and shooting ranges.
Because of the large number of firearms and ammo sold I expected to see some large amounts on money.
The only reference was that the PR money was put into another fund. There was nothing on how it was spent.
junglejim Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I wish more people would pay attention to this stuff. The way people have a distrust for government these days but don't bother to watch what the government is doing with OUR money is inconsistent. Plus, the way some state agencies are becoming more politically influenced the potential for abuse of PR $$$ is much higher. Voters have a responsibility to be informed, but we aren't very good at it. And we don't get much help from the media.