New Guy here... Saiga 12 questions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Minnesota Gun Forum > New Guy here... Saiga 12 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Guy here... Saiga 12 questions

I am now looking for a Saiga 12. I want the NIB that I want to convert.

I've been watching videos and conversion discussions, and wonder about all the goodies to mount on it. I'll probably visit often to get hints for the conversion. I know I need a trigger group to move the factory trigger forward. I learned that everyone is using the G2 trigger group, then grinding off the humps. The gas port needs the holes drilled out on many of the guns, and the gas plug is not adequate for light loads.

Any other things I should know before the break down (I know there's a lot, but get me started)??? Anyone here in Northern MN that could "assist" me when I have questions or hit some roadblocks?

BTW: I'm a total newbie with shotguns, so don't "over tech" me.

Larry

"Let's be careful out there" - Phil Esterhouse

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16514

They are prone to cycling issues with low brass ammunition. You should try another gas plug (auto plug) before drilling the ports. You don't want to over gas the receiver. Consider having the bolt jeweled (Pauly's Steelin'.)

image-1669701295.jpg   image-769239001.jpg   image-47724081.jpg  

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄