Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Minnesota Gun Forum (
-   -   Let's get this started (

woodswalker 02-18-2012 01:58 PM

Let's get this started
Not much happening right now in Northern Minnesota. It is -2 degrees and not much snow on the ground. Can't wait to get back to the outdoor range and start shooting again. Now that this thread is started let's hear from the other Minnesota members.

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS 02-18-2012 03:37 PM

Weather the Twin Cities is nice, but haven't had the time to go shooting for a long time. Looking forward to a few WWII reenactments this season.

larryflew 02-19-2012 07:34 AM

Don't know if I have enough time for another MN forum but let's see where it goes.

headhunter 02-19-2012 03:42 PM

SE MN is alive. The weather is really warm and our snow is almost non existent. I wish I were back home on "da range". It was nice enough I managed to dig out the old Model 27 and send 3 cylinders full down range last week. it was obvious I've been laying off this winter.

woodswalker 02-20-2012 12:51 AM

DARIVS, Where do you do your reenacting at? Headhunter, Where is back home?

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS 02-20-2012 01:41 AM

Reenactments are held all over the country. The next one I want to attend is in Arden Hills, MN. It is NOT a public event, it's for reenactors only, being as it is a tactical battle using blanks. So, it's not a public show with a script, it's a maneuver and shoot to win fight. For me, it's a chance to play the role of motorcycle rifle scout/message courier. I have a WWII German motorcycle and rifle.

Loc: Arden Hill Army Training Site: Arden Hills, MN
Dates: April 14, 2012
Event Times: 9 am until 5 pm
Registration Times: 6 am until 8 am
Pre-Registration: No
Fee: $15
Map: See website
Directions: See website
Authenticity Notes: East meets West event - Spring 1945
Prohibited Vehicles/Items: Vehicle friendly area.
Other restrictions: No camping, digging, alcohol - NO MINORS.
Motels: Several within 5 miles of the site.
Sponsoring Unit (s): 117th Infantry Regiment / 30th Infantry Division.

northhike 02-20-2012 12:59 PM

Cold or snow....indoor or out I just keep shooting through the seasons. Actually winter is a great time to hit some of the local gun ranges and get practiced up with your weapoms.

Sonic82 02-20-2012 01:08 PM

I've hit the range a couple of times this winter when normally it wouldn't be possible or desireable. The mild weather is a nice change.... I should have gone yesterday.

Sonic82 02-20-2012 01:10 PM

Any Walleye fisherman in this bunch?

northhike 02-21-2012 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic82 (Post 714850)
Any Walleye fisherman in this bunch?

Not Wally specific...I fish for it all. :D Fishing is my other passion.....especially fly fishing for Smallies and Northerns.