Hennepin County Permit Applications Surge
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Minnesota Gun Forum > Hennepin County Permit Applications Surge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hennepin County Permit Applications Surge

Of course I'm all in favor of more people carrying to protect themselves. But...do you suppose the increase has anything to do with fears over the outcome of the November elections?

Hennepin County Permit Applications Surge

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

It is amazing, everyone knew that when 12 million back ground checks were done in a 12 mo. period it was unreal. This year with Ruger selling 1 million in a month, watch out as fall approaches! None of the figures include the "gun show loop hole" - sales between individuals. Being selfish, I hate to think what will happen to ammo costs or in my case component costs. Some TC friends haven't had a gun in the house and now there are a dozen that have mysteriously appeared. A friend from western MN bought an M&P , he had given his guns to relatives a dozen years ago. A friend from Hibbing has added several Springfields to the total; and the son -in- law in Dodge Center has done his share.
My point is that , without a doubt it is really a phenomena state wide as well as nation wide ! Who would have thought a dozen years ago that Americans although loving their country would have so little faith in their politicians.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
This year with Ruger selling 1 million in a month, watch out as fall approaches! None of the figures include the "gun show loop hole" - sales between individuals.
Please explain what a "Gun show Loop Hole" is. I've been going to gun shows and purchasing rifles, shotguns and handguns at Gun shows for a lot of years. Gun show seller(with a booth) or gun dealer (with an address) are always the same, fill out the yellow form, they call, I am approved and away I go with my new toy.

The term "Gun Show Loop Hole" is nothing more than a Left wing propaganda Buzz Word trying to convince the American Public that any Tom Dick or Harry can walk into a "Gun Show" and purchase anything from a "Saturday Night Special" to a "Machine Gun" with out any type of background check.. None of which is true.

So, I ask again, what do you mean by "Gun Show Loop Hole"???

Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The law is simply that if you are engaged in the business of selling guns you must have an FFL (Federal Firearms License). If an individual is not in the business, you need not have a n FFL. So if you find that your collection is too large and you wish to downsize you my do so without an FFL. If Uncle "Bob" were to pass away and you wish to cash out some of his collection you can do so at a gun show without a license and without the background checks that someone in the business must have or perform. Yes, you can spend the $25-$50 for a table without an FFL. You may run into a locality that has "piggy-backed off the Federal and requires whatever. But the Federal law is the primary law.

At one time our legislators were actually concerned about the common person. Just for your edification the reason so many federal forms state that SS numbers are optional is because when Social Security was first put in place Congress was promised it would never be used as a form of identification - my how things have changed. Congress actually thought of people as people - not cash machines. Also interesting is the reason we get by with a five digit number for mail is because Congress was promised that five digits is all the post office would ever need for zip codes.

Although I'm a non-typist, terrible speller, and need time to express myself; I tend to be conservative and somewhat libertarian. I am a believer in the Constitution, I am a life member of the NRA, certified R, P, S, and MR instructor. MNFAS instructor for 25 yrs. I am a husband, father, and grandpa Within reach are my favorite .357 mag and 9mm. I woke to the sound of a wild turkey gobbling in the back of the property. So. I am curious as to the rant?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
Although I'm a non-typist, terrible speller, and need time to express myself; I tend to be conservative and somewhat libertarian. I am a believer in the Constitution, I am a life member of the NRA, certified R, P, S, and MR instructor. MNFAS instructor for 25 yrs. I am a husband, father, and grandpa Within reach are my favorite .357 mag and 9mm. I woke to the sound of a wild turkey gobbling in the back of the property. So. I am curious as to the rant?
very well put sir

I support the right to arm bears

Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
The law is simply that if you are engaged in the business of selling guns you must have an FFL (Federal Firearms License). If an individual is not in the business, you need not have a n FFL. So if you find that your collection is too large and you wish to downsize you my do so without an FFL. If Uncle "Bob" were to pass away and you wish to cash out some of his collection you can do so at a gun show without a license and without the background checks that someone in the business must have or perform.
This is NOT a Gun Show Loop Hole!!! It is a private sale between individuals. Get it right and forget the left wing jargon, there is NO "GUN SHOW LOOP HOLE" here! What you are describing is a private sale which has absolutely NOTHING to do with wear the sale took place, gun show, Craig s list or Grandpa's Farm.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry this offends you,but when politicians talk about closing the "gun show loop hole" what they are talking about is banning the private sale of firearms. To get rid of any and all private transactions between individuals is their end game.. The ownership of firearms could only be transfered using a licensed FFL with a background check.

The " keep" (ownership) and "bear" (carrying) SHALL NOT be "infringed upon" (messed with in any way). This is a natural right. I am not out of touch with reality to the point I will carry without a permit. I too fill out the Federal form and sit quietly while the phone call is made. When I do these things, I personally view it as an infringement. I would rather see this thing called a "loop hole" be called an "exemption".

Will ignoring the attack on something cause that attack to vanish? Whatever the anti gun people wish to call it, we are in a position where we must answer. Will our cause be best served by a calm reasonable discussion or by immediate anger that leaves others wondering if we are capable of being reasonable. How sympathetic is road rage? Arrogance is guaranteed to not win friends and influence people and many things are decided by voting.

"---the best way to preserve the peace is to prepare for war." George Washington, Second Inaugural Address

Old 05-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry this offends you,but when politicians talk about closing the "gun show loop hole" what they are talking about is banning the private sale of firearms. To get rid of any and all private transactions between individuals is their end game.. The ownership of firearms could only be transfered using a licensed FFL with a background check.
Exactly, the term "Gun Show Loop Hole" is used to scare the uneducated public into believing that gun shows are evil and they must be done away with. Done away with to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those that could not pass a background check. They scare the public into believing that Gun shows are set up as an end around the law(a loop hole) by bypassing the required Background check.

What's worse is Gun owners like yourself helping their cause by continuing to use scare tactics and terms like "Loop Hole". I put "Loop Hole" on the same plane as "Assault Rifle". Another term designed to scare and misinform the uneducated majority.

See if this closes your "loop Hole".
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=624.7132

Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #9

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
Exactly, the term "Gun Show Loop Hole" is used to scare the uneducated public into believing that gun shows are evil and they must be done away with.
That was the whole point of mentioning it in his initial post.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #10

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Geeezz... everyone gets all wound up. Gun show loophole was in "quotation marks" by headhunter....a little "trigger happy" I'd say

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.