WooHoo! I'm the first one here. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Michigan Gun Forum > WooHoo! I'm the first one here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I'm in the Lansing area although I make a trip to the Grand Rapids area now and the. For my NFA needs. They are still pending.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #42

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Just bought one two weeks ago and it was still required. Not a big hassle though. I don't see the problem.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #43

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraj

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/6/michigan-house-votes-overwhelmingly-to-repeal-permit-to-purchase-and-registration.aspx

It sounds like it has support but hasn't been pushed through yet. With a cpl you didn't need to get one anyways
There is another reason which shall not be named here as to why im excited for this.

Yes, I am an idiot and Lincoln Park takes over a month to get out purchase permits :-)

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 873 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
There is another reason which shall not be named here as to why im excited for this.

Yes, I am an idiot and Lincoln Park takes over a month to get out purchase permits :-)
you need to bring this up on MGO.

With our apparently anti 2A Senate Majority Leader (republican), I'm a bit worried about this getting past his desk. The updated CPL law is sitting square on his desk, and he won't release it.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #45

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

you need to bring this up on MGO.

With our apparently anti 2A Senate Majority Leader (republican), I'm a bit worried about this getting past his desk. The updated CPL law is sitting square on his desk, and he won't release it.
Yea not gonna lie...im a little concerned...hopefully you understand why without me saying it outright...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun