Michigan small game.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Michigan Gun Forum > Michigan small game.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Michigan small game.

Picked up my small game licence today because I forgot to get it when I got my deer tags. Going out Friday morning to see what I can get. Wondering where everybody does their hunting and what type of firearm your using? Im going to be on state land down by Hastings, MI.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I know this is an old thread but this coming up season you may want to try the state land on red pine drive in Kent county, for squirrels. Make sure to say hi to me .

Old 05-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoi View Post
I know this is an old thread but this coming up season you may want to try the state land on red pine drive in Kent county, for squirrels. Make sure to say hi to me .
Where exactly is that at? And I definitely will say hi if I see you there..

Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

North of Sparta or east of Kent City/Casanovea area. Do a Google search of the Rough river State game area. Its maybe 15 20 minutes from GR, depending on how you drive. I will be the guy dressed head to toe in camo. I get harassed about it but I walk out with more meat then any of the other hunters.

There is Coyotes, squirrels, last year a guy got a black bear. many of us have seen a mountain lion. you will recanise the tracks because he/she is only uses 3 legs. The right rear leg is crippled. As far as I know nobody has gotten a shot off and I hope they never do. Stear clear on dear season opener, its a war zone every moron with a firearm shows up there.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Any luck finding the rouge river state game area? its a very productive area with very active squirrel activity, which make it some what of a challenge. I enjoy hunting there very much. Another good place is the state game are noth of Baldwin east down 4 mile. Little far but I go there once a year and am never disappointed. It has all manner of game.

If you are having trouble finding the rouge state game I can draw you a map with the most active trails marked.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoi View Post
Any luck finding the rouge river state game area? its a very productive area with very active squirrel activity, which make it some what of a challenge. I enjoy hunting there very much. Another good place is the state game are noth of Baldwin east down 4 mile. Little far but I go there once a year and am never disappointed. It has all manner of game.

If you are having trouble finding the rouge state game I can draw you a map with the most active trails marked.
Haven't even look it up yet. But I will definitely have to try it out.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #7

Liked 702 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I'm in southern Michigan and there's really only one okay state area here between Three Rivers and Constantine. I'm been blessed with an employee who's dad owns 600 acres of mostly wooded land just outside of Three Rivers though that let's me hunt anything but deer there though so I'm counting myself pretty lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

aristoi Likes This