Just to say Hi - and see if you need CPL training ... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Michigan Gun Forum > Just to say Hi - and see if you need CPL training ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Personal CPL Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmglocks View Post
Hello! Currently, I am a full time corrections officer with MCOLES certification. I am also a pistol instructor for our department as well as a Glock and Colt AR armorer. My question is, how do I become a personal CPL instructor? Would like to use my skills to advance my craft as well as make some extra cash too!
I bill myself as a "One-on-one firearm instructor". I am an NRA Certified Instructor - as, I assume, are you. I am certified for Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home. I do not teach the PPITH course because of the requirement for the legal module (you really need a lawyer for it and my one-on-one rather precludes that) so I only teach Basic Pistol. BUT - I have added much of the PPITH materrial into my class.

As to how you start, if you're certified, market yourself. It works!

http://www.ExecutiveCPL.com

CM
One-on-one training exclusively
www.ExecutiveCPL.com
Train@ExecutiveCPL.com
248.910.7731 mob
248.855.5116 res

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #22

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks for the info sir. Currently, I am not certified as an NRA instructor nor am I familiar with how to become one. I went to a 5 day course at Macomb community college to be an instructor to my corrections staff as well as road patrol. See, our budget in corrections is practically unlimited and I get to go when and where I please for training. In June I get to go to a class held by Lou Chiodo! Soon I will be going to Remington 870 armorer's and M&P armorer's courses to round out my knowledge of departmental weapons. Anyways, I am looking for ways to expand my craft and I would like to start teaching responsible adults carry safely. So, having said all that, just curious where to go to get started so I can get certified to teach civilians. Thanks!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #23

By the way, awesome credentials!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Cetification

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmglocks View Post
Thanks for the info sir. Currently, I am not certified as an NRA instructor nor am I familiar with how to become one. I went to a 5 day course at Macomb community college to be an instructor to my corrections staff as well as road patrol. See, our budget in corrections is practically unlimited and I get to go when and where I please for training. In June I get to go to a class held by Lou Chiodo! Soon I will be going to Remington 870 armorer's and M&P armorer's courses to round out my knowledge of departmental weapons. Anyways, I am looking for ways to expand my craft and I would like to start teaching responsible adults carry safely. So, having said all that, just curious where to go to get started so I can get certified to teach civilians. Thanks!
To become an NRA Certified Instructor you take the Instructor course from an NRA Couselor. I would refer you to Mark Cortis. He was my instructor and counselor and a fine teacher. His facility is in Royal Oak at 1847 N. Main Street, Royal Oak, MI 48073 and phone is 248.506.3472. His website is http://www.wildwestacademy.com
One-on-one training exclusively
www.ExecutiveCPL.com
Train@ExecutiveCPL.com
248.910.7731 mob
248.855.5116 res

Old 05-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #25

I appreciate the help sir.