Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Michigan Gun Forum > Just to say Hi - and see if you need CPL training ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
NRA Certified Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just to say Hi - and see if you need CPL training ...

Hello Michigan!

I am Executive Firearm Training & Michigan Concealed Pistol License Certification.

C. M. Novess III KGCTJ
www.ExecutiveCPL.com
Train@ExecutiveCPL.com
248,910.7731 mob
248.855.5116 res

Love to hear from you!
CM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Got mine. But nice to meet you.

Ruger LC9 carry
Springfield XD(m) 5.25 9mm
Springfield XD(m) 3.8" 9mm compact
S&W M&P 22
S&W M&P 9
Various black powder and collector guns

Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Welcome!

How many firearms does MI allow you to actively conceal carry?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #4

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

I am actually preparing to move to MI. Taylor side of town. Only problem is, I have not obtained a CPL in Ohio because I knew I was going to be moving relatively close to my 21st birthday. Well, I'm 22 now, still no Ohio CPL, and just recently found out that I have to be an MI resident for 6 months first!!!

You heard it here first folks; Michigan doesn't recognize your right to save your own bacon unless you have lived there for at least 6 months (or have a CPL from your previous state of residency)!

Total BS!

To summarize, I'll look you up in 7 months

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

When are you moving? The law allows the gun boards to not require the 6 month wait for conceal permit holders moving from other states. I don't know what Wayne County's position is on that issue.

Jump over to migunowners.com and ask the question.

Why Taylor? As much as I complain about Belleville, there are some fantastic house prices here.

MI firearms laws are screwy, it will really pay to learn the laws inside and out.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
NRA Certified Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Welcome!

How many firearms does MI allow you to actively conceal carry?
The Michigan law does not set a limit on the number of guns you may carry with your CPL - or, without, for that matter. I guess the limit only involves the laws of physics - eventually you'll stagger and fall over as you add one too many holstered pieces of iron to your belt. One note: The Michigan CPL ONLY allows pistols - it does NOT allow knives, sticks, clubs, saps or any other non-lethal or less-lethal weapon in a concealed manner.

CMNIII

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMNIII View Post
The Michigan law does not set a limit on the number of guns you may carry with your CPL
Yea, a CPL instructor that gets it right!

My fav discussion point... an instructor (or LEO) that says you're only allowed two... why two? Because it's a conceal pistol (singular) license. If it's singular, then how did you come up with two being the correct answer?

I challenged my instructor on a lot of finer points of the law, and received a lot of push back. So, I decided to learn the screwy details for myself.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #8

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
When are you moving? The law allows the gun boards to not require the 6 month wait for conceal permit holders moving from other states. I don't know what Wayne County's position is on that issue.

Jump over to migunowners.com and ask the question.

Why Taylor? As much as I complain about Belleville, there are some fantastic house prices here.

MI firearms laws are screwy, it will really pay to learn the laws inside and out.
Late reply, sorry. Moving on the 5th, but I don't have a CPL from any other state because I was a dummy and didn't notice the 6 month residency requirement. Therefore I was saving the cash I have set aside to get my CPL for when I moved to MI.

Now those plans are null and void and I must either decide to interpret the Second Amendment in a way which the LEO's in Michigan will not much like, or bid my time for 6 months...ugh!

Moving to Taylor simply because it's cheap, close to family, close to fiancee's family, and there seems to be a good number of jobs in the area. Aside from all of that, I am comfortable with the area and can identify several prevalent gangs in the area

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You should be fine with that 6 month window. Don't stress it. Just keep a good lookout and you probably won't need firearm protection. Of course, maybe you will...but after moving here from Southeast Alabama, the detroit metro area isn't quite the firestorm I anticipated.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

When you do decide to get the CPL, or even before check out the website I posted for good info on MI laws, they are screwy.

Top Gun is the Taylor public range, I've never been there, but a lot of people like it, with a few complaints. I belong to Wayne Country Sportsman club, which is primarily a shotgun club. Taylor pistol club is primarily pistols, but their range set up is SWEET.