Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > Sr22r, and .22 caliber pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Sr22r, and .22 caliber pistol

I am wondering if the sr22 rifle made by ruger is mass legal. I was told any AR style firearm would need the stock pinned, so if I buy it with the stock either a. pinned or b. with a fixed stock (vietnam era M16A1 type stock) I should be good in terms of mass legality? Also will this firearm likely be banned if the new AWB passes?

Also, I read an article that said the sr22 pistol was not mass approved, if this is true can anyone recommend a .22lr pistol that resembles a normal service pistol? i.e. not a MKII or anything of that nature

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

In MA a rifle can only have 2 of the following features:
A threaded barrel
Bayonet lug
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine
Folding/collapsable/adjustable stock

If you want to have a flash hider on your gun it must be pinned on

So if you want one you have to get a pinned or fixed stock, and get either a crowned barrel or one with a pinned flash hider, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a bayonet lug so your fine

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
CurlyFry Likes This