Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > Mass. Firearm General Laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I live right across the MA border in RI. I called that place in Attleboro a few weeks back and whoever answered was real short with me about me transporting my own firearms to his school. Kind of turned me off to the whole place. I'll keep searching for closer places in RI. I currently shoot in Burrillville at a friends club. Without him, I'm not sure where I'd shoot.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

You can get any GLOCK you want in Ma. If you know a LEO willing to sell it to you. But...what happens when you are found with a high capacity clip with "for military and police use" stamped on it? Will that same officer go to bat for you?

Not long ago one of the state attorney's was actually in court arguing that the laws allow for 18 year olds to carry handguns. The people writing the laws can't even understand them.

Everyone from Ma needs to be contacting their reps to get the castle doctrine passed and everyone should be pushing national reciprocity.

Beware anyone who says they know the laws in Ma. They are either lying or insane.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
You can get any GLOCK you want in Ma. If you know a LEO willing to sell it to you. But...what happens when you are found with a high capacity clip with "for military and police use" stamped on it? Will that same officer go to bat for you?

Not long ago one of the state attorney's was actually in court arguing that the laws allow for 18 year olds to carry handguns. The people writing the laws can't even understand them.

Everyone from Ma needs to be contacting their reps to get the castle doctrine passed and everyone should be pushing national reciprocity.

Beware anyone who says they know the laws in Ma. They are either lying or insane.
There are pre-ban hi-cap MAGS that we can have in MA that are stamped LE. However, if you are going to buy from a LEO, you should only do so if he/she is a friend. That way, if something were to come up, then yes, there would be no question of them going to bat for you.

The Castle Doctrine needs to come out of the Committee before anyone can vote on it, and yes, there are many many people already contacting their reps.

Overall, we need a new Governor and a new AG. Also, if you live in MA you need to join GOAL (goal.org).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_gen View Post
I live right across the MA border in RI. I called that place in Attleboro a few weeks back and whoever answered was real short with me about me transporting my own firearms to his school. Kind of turned me off to the whole place. I'll keep searching for closer places in RI. I currently shoot in Burrillville at a friends club. Without him, I'm not sure where I'd shoot.
I just spoke with 2 cop friends, one local and one State Trooper. Both said roughly the same thing. "As long as it is unloaded, and locked in a container, separate from the ammo, it can be transported from any state into MA".

Also, I'll be there on the 25th for a b-day shoot for myself.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbeau View Post
boy I thought R. I .sucked . I shoot at American firearms school in attleboro most of the time. The laws in Ma. are so screwy, I cannot get a straight answer on how I can "legally" take my gun to Ma. to shoot. I just separate ammo and gun lock it in trunk and pray I do not have a problem.
I just spoke with 2 cop friends, one local and one State Trooper. Both said roughly the same thing. "As long as it is unloaded, and locked in a container, separate from the ammo, it can be transported from any state into MA".

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Also, I'll be there on the 25th for a b-day shoot for myself.
Still real "grey" area though. Not sure if I have 365 days to kill in jail if I get pulled over by that one officer having a bad day....

Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_gen View Post
Still real "grey" area though. Not sure if I have 365 days to kill in jail if I get pulled over by that one officer having a bad day....
As long as it's not ON you, you'll be fine. Even if that one cop is having a bad day, the law says you can. This comes from the FOPA (Firearms Owners' Protection Act - which is a FEDERAL Law.

If you want more info (like, the actual law), go to GOAL.org (Gun Owners Action League). That's the MA version of Gun Owners of America.

Gun Owners' Action League
PO Box 567
Northboro, MA 01532
Ph: 508-393-5333

Ext. 21 Brings you to Jon Green the Director of Training and Education.

OR, if you have a friend that has a MA LTC A (preferably a resident), have them meet up with you at the border, and drive up with him.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Im a long time member of GOAL and I follow things very closely.
You are absolutely correct unloaded and locked traveling from one legal place to another you are supposed to be safe.
I wouldn't try testing that by traveling through NY though.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #19

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Threads like these make living in VT even betterer

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Threads like these make living in VT even betterer
I've thought about moving there MANY times. Only thing, my jobs pay me $20/hour for doing nothing. If I knew I could get that kind of pay there doing as little as I do, then I'd move in a heartbeat (after I found an apartment).

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere