License Renewal Delays in Massachusetts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > License Renewal Delays in Massachusetts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default License Renewal Delays in Massachusetts

My LTC expired on 11/1. Trying to be proactive, I met with the issuing officer in my town 4 weeks before it expired to renew it. He was very polite and accommodating, but at the end of the appointment he told me almost apologetically that the "wait time" for a renewal was currently 12 weeks or more.
He told me I could hunt and carry for up to 90 days after the expiration date and would be "ok", but that I could not purchase anything, ammo or firearms until the new LTC arrived. After that 90 day exemption is exhausted, persons in possession of guns may be fined $500 - $5,000. I have come to find out through literature published by GOAL that some people are waiting up to six months for a renewal. Representative George Peterson and Senator Richard Moore will be filing emergency legislation to address the Massachusetts firearm licensing crisis in the next few days, but be advised:
IF YOU ARE UP FOR RENEWAL, START THE PROCESS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here