Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Massachusetts Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f134/)
-   -   Gun shops reccomendations (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f134/gun-shops-reccomendations-101523/)

JC_p2tp21 12-13-2013 03:34 PM

Gun shops reccomendations

I'm looking for any good shops here in mass , I friend mentioned one in Mason,NH SL gun shop , I don't want to drive up there yet until I know what's around me first

mountainman13 12-13-2013 03:46 PM

Stateline is the premier shop of the area. Anywhere else you go is basically a shot in the dark. Dan up at Stateline can transfer guns to you in Shirley. He's great to work with.
Four seasons is OK. They tend to have what you're looking for but the shop is always cramped and crowded.
North shore is disorganized and a few of the guys are far from a pleasure to deal with.
Avoid the old mill gun shop like the plague.

Aside from that the rest are not really noteworthy.

Welcome to ftf.

JC_p2tp21 12-13-2013 09:33 PM

I checked out four seasons and stateline website , not the best could use some work didn't like the layout of four seasons and I couldn't find the I vetoed for stateline. I will go and check four seasons out next week I will go early since .

JC_p2tp21 12-13-2013 09:36 PM

Man13 what do you think about the class a ltc restricted sporting ?

mountainman13 12-13-2013 10:14 PM

I think your towns licensing officer is an a$$hole. If you don't want the person to carry just be honest and give them a class B. A class a restricted is just a kick in the pants. It's like saying you're good enough to buy whatever you want but you can't carry it.
It Sounds like you might be from fitchburg.

JC_p2tp21 12-13-2013 11:03 PM

Yeah you have a good point , I know two other people in my town who also own but I don't know what's class and restrictions they have . I will ask them and see . And no man I live in lowell :(

gregs 12-13-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_p2tp21
I checked out four seasons and stateline website , not the best could use some work didn't like the layout of four seasons and I couldn't find the I vetoed for stateline. I will go and check four seasons out next week I will go early since .

Four Seasons may be small but the service is great. They will spend the time that you need and answer any question that you may have. Carl probably sells more handguns than anyone in the State and his prices are just one of the reasons along with the service. It is the place to go

JC_p2tp21 12-18-2013 12:54 AM

Thanks guys i will be checking them out soon. But I did find this one place ( gun and sport north ) I went in today to check what they had in stock and in look to purchase my first firearm and I asked him if he carried any taurus 9mm and he told me "no you won't find any taurus around at all" did he mean mass .? If so why not ? I am sure they have mass compliant firearms I will double check taurus site.

mountainman13 12-18-2013 03:17 AM

Taurus doesn't spend the money to get ma approved.

JC_p2tp21 12-18-2013 03:37 AM

Yeah looked it up , but it's kinda sad I wanted the pt111 to be my first handgun , but since that's not happening I'm thinking of making my first firearm a shotgun if not the s&w sd9ve . What do you guys think