Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > Glock in Mass.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2911 Times on 1716 Posts

Default

I believe you are correct. He resided in this state and purchased it out of state. Honestly not sure how he pulled it off.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2911 Times on 1716 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Well, in MA, our Gun control act was in 1998. Though, there was the federal ban in 94.
Essentially it started in 92 and there was some leeway until 94. It is based off of the federal law continued by Romney.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
astroman Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #33
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
astroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Robertson County, TN
Posts: 587
Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Well, in MA, our Gun control act was in 1998. Though, there was the federal ban in 94.
Thanks Mason and mountainman - yeah, I bought my G19 in 1990, then moved outta MA in 1997...
__________________

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

astroman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #34
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatale42

Threaded Barrel - NOT ILLEGAL, every gun on every shelf with a muzzle break has one, just supposed to be tacked on

Pistol Grip - NOT ILLEGAL - MA is not CA

Detachable Mag - NOT ILLEGAL again. Must be pre-ban if over 10rds. MA has no detachable clause, again it's not CA.

Collapsible Stock, Allowed if pinned, if not pinned could legally be given back with the actual stock just pulled off.

Your post is worded as your a lawyer, yet your post shows you know little of MA gun law. I feel sorry for the guy your representing.
You're wrong, first of all we CAN own an unpinned stock, we can also own bayonet lugs, along with everyone of those features, however we can only have 2 of them on a post-ban gun. And a stock that is pinned is not considered a collapsable stock because it is of a fixed length, and it is not considered a threaded barrel if it has a muzzle break because you can't take it off without destroying the barrel. I can own a gun with any of those features, but only 2 of them. For example, I buy an AR, that is ma legal and has only 2 features, a pistol grip and a detachable magazine (typical ma compliant configuration), therefore it comes with either a crowned or muzzle break barrel, a fixed length stock, and either a front sight with the lug milled off or a rail mounted sight. I then swap the magazine release with a bullet button, and the pistol grip with one of those grips that makes it like a comb of a stock (see picture) and then put a bayonet lug, that is completely legal in this large communist prison. It would look stupid, but it would be legal.


__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #35
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman
Hey mountainman, when did the Mass high capacity mag ban go into effect? I was just searching online for it, but didnt see it. I seem to recall it was in the mid-90s...
Mitt Romney signed it into effect right before the clinton ban expired.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

If he resided in the state the out of state one was purchased in, I believe (and I could be wrong, and if I am, several friends are f***ed - and they're lawyers, too) that they are exempt.

I have a friend that just moved up from NC, and is waiting to get his LTC-A to have his arms and the rest of his household items shipped up, who owns several firearms that are not on the "list", as well as an AR that isn't pre-ban, but has all the features that would make it banned here, and he's allowed to have that here as well.

Now, if he was living here, and bought it from another state, that's a different story. However, with the case being thrown out, and no charges against him, I'm not sure why he can't get them back...
Can he sell them to other marxachusetts residents? Because if so he can make loads.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,274
Liked 530 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 2836

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Can he sell them to other marxachusetts residents? Because if so he can make loads.
That, I'm not sure about.
__________________

Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Mason609 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman View Post
Hey mountainman, when did the Mass high capacity mag ban go into effect? I was just searching online for it, but didnt see it. I seem to recall it was in the mid-90s...
It was 09/13/94
__________________
Snatale42 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
You're wrong, first of all we CAN own an unpinned stock, we can also own bayonet lugs, along with everyone of those features, however we can only have 2 of them on a post-ban gun. And a stock that is pinned is not considered a collapsable stock because it is of a fixed length, and it is not considered a threaded barrel if it has a muzzle break because you can't take it off without destroying the barrel. I can own a gun with any of those features, but only 2 of them. For example, I buy an AR, that is ma legal and has only 2 features, a pistol grip and a detachable magazine (typical ma compliant configuration), therefore it comes with either a crowned or muzzle break barrel, a fixed length stock, and either a front sight with the lug milled off or a rail mounted sight. I then swap the magazine release with a bullet button, and the pistol grip with one of those grips that makes it like a comb of a stock (see picture) and then put a bayonet lug, that is completely legal in this large communist prison. It would look stupid, but it would be legal.
If you check the MA law for a definition, it will refer you do the definition of the original Fed AWB. 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30). Per it:

a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon ;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) a grenade launcher;

key words here are AT LEAST, meaning once you HAVE 2 of them, it's in violation of MA MGL 121. Which is the reason people pin stocks and tack weld their brakes. So yes, you could theoretically have a working collapsible stock. But at the cost of what? Your pistol grip? no thanks. Also if you refer to MGL Section 121. The entire section starts with this

"As used in sections 122 to 131P, inclusive, the following words shall, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, have the following meanings:-"

It's straight up telling you to take the words literally unless "clearly" stated otherwise. Look for yourself http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

While I'm not a lawyer, I'm a NRA/MSP cert'd instructor, cert'd RSO and have a few family members who are staties so I'd like to think I know a little bit.

When I was an RSO and worked with a lot of cops, I used to screw with them and 8/10 times they couldn't tell you have the stuff their supposed to know, couldn't tell a Glock (out of all of them) pre vs post ban mag, didn't know the def of an AWB, didn't know that the EOPS roster only applied to FFLs, the list goes on. Point being many people who SHOULD know this stuff don't yet pass it as they do. The best one was one of the times I moved back to MA, and an FFL told me I couldn't move back into the state with my guns, told me I couldn't bring my Glocks in, and a bunch of other crap, which if I listened would have made him a LOT of money. Sad.
__________________
Snatale42 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes