Glock in Mass. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > Glock in Mass.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #21
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Did you guys know that I HÅTË!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the ma gun laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Here are some fun photos!

image-2349392987.jpg   image-1208399982.jpg   image-3944824185.jpg  

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Last edited by FullautoUSA; 11-02-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #22
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Because I do.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Last edited by FullautoUSA; 11-02-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Interestingly enough we are dealing with a case right now where the un-named had 2 non-mass compliant firearms and the judge threw it out of court. Threaded barrel,collapsible stock,pistol grip and detachable mag. No charges.
So now the person wants their guns back. Well, if the law applys, we can't give them back. If not, then why can't we sell them?
This state is a mess.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Interestingly enough we are dealing with a case right now where the un-named had 2 non-mass compliant firearms and the judge threw it out of court. Threaded barrel,collapsible stock,pistol grip and detachable mag. No charges.
So now the person wants their guns back. Well, if the law applys, we can't give them back. If not, then why can't we sell them?
This state is a mess.
Threaded Barrel - NOT ILLEGAL, every gun on every shelf with a muzzle break has one, just supposed to be tacked on

Pistol Grip - NOT ILLEGAL - MA is not CA

Detachable Mag - NOT ILLEGAL again. Must be pre-ban if over 10rds. MA has no detachable clause, again it's not CA.

Collapsible Stock, Allowed if pinned, if not pinned could legally be given back with the actual stock just pulled off.

Your post is worded as your a lawyer, yet your post shows you know little of MA gun law. I feel sorry for the guy your representing.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatale42

Threaded Barrel - NOT ILLEGAL, every gun on every shelf with a muzzle break has one, just supposed to be tacked on

Pistol Grip - NOT ILLEGAL - MA is not CA

Detachable Mag - NOT ILLEGAL again. Must be pre-ban if over 10rds. MA has no detachable clause, again it's not CA.

Collapsible Stock, Allowed if pinned, if not pinned could legally be given back with the actual stock just pulled off.

Your post is worded as your a lawyer, yet your post shows you know little of MA gun law. I feel sorry for the guy your representing.
You should re-read the laws and check your facts. I'm no lawyer I'm just an ffl. Watch who you mouth off to. You're new here you'll learn very quickly who knows what they are talking about and so far it sure as sh!t ain't you. The laws are based off of a combination of features. Besides the combination of features the firearm itself was not compliant.

Last edited by mountainman13; 11-02-2012 at 02:49 PM.
astroman Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 663 Times on 405 Posts
Likes Given: 3792

Quote:
This state is a mess.
Did he bring them here after moving from another state? Or did he mod it himself?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

One was purchased out of state the other he modified.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Hey mountainman, when did the Mass high capacity mag ban go into effect? I was just searching online for it, but didnt see it. I seem to recall it was in the mid-90s...

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
One was purchased out of state the other he modified.

If he resided in the state the out of state one was purchased in, I believe (and I could be wrong, and if I am, several friends are f***ed - and they're lawyers, too) that they are exempt.

I have a friend that just moved up from NC, and is waiting to get his LTC-A to have his arms and the rest of his household items shipped up, who owns several firearms that are not on the "list", as well as an AR that isn't pre-ban, but has all the features that would make it banned here, and he's allowed to have that here as well.

Now, if he was living here, and bought it from another state, that's a different story. However, with the case being thrown out, and no charges against him, I'm not sure why he can't get them back...

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman View Post
Hey mountainman, when did the Mass high capacity mag ban go into effect? I was just searching online for it, but didnt see it. I seem to recall it was in the mid-90s...
Well, in MA, our Gun control act was in 1998. Though, there was the federal ban in 94.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere