Glock in Mass. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum > Glock in Mass.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609
As far as an AWB, when did this happen (again)? I visited 2 different LGS over the weekend, and they were still selling ARs and AKs.. (we still have restrictions on them, but as far as I know, not a full out ban).
Right, Mason. I was loosely referring to it as the "AWB", though it's not identical.
__________________
jujutsuka is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

If you buy a glock later than Gen 2 you will be limited to 10 rnd mags and run the risk of having to return it. It has happened in the past that ffl's have been given the go ahead to sell newer glocks and then gotten a letter from the ag demanding they be returned. If I remember correctly four seasons has been through it. Keep your eyes out and have your money ready and you can get a pre-ban Gen 2. It's worth the wait for the capacity alone.

On a side note if you find a pre-ban glock 20 during your search let me know. I've been looking for months.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.


Last edited by mountainman13; 07-05-2012 at 12:54 PM.
mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: E Providence,RI
Posts: 178
Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Man Mass is a tough place for gun owners. My wife had mentioned moving to Mass, I said no thanks. Not just cause of the gun laws, but I dont want to pay taxes in two states. I have other reasons as well, but those are the main ones. On the positive side though, guns seem to be cheaper in Mass than RI, with the exception of glocks for some reason. None of that pre-ban stuff here.

__________________
Cshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #14
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,540
Liked 730 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 4044

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
If you buy a glock later than Gen 2 you will be limited to 10 rnd mags and run the risk of having to return it. It has happened in the past that ffl's have been given the go ahead to sell newer glocks and then gotten a letter from the ag demanding they be returned. If I remember correctly four seasons has been through it. Keep your eyes out and have your money ready and you can get a pre-ban Gen 2. It's worth the wait for the capacity alone.

On a side note if you find a pre-ban glock 20 during your search let me know. I've been looking for months.
Those are kinda hard to find. I got mine off a State Trooper (Gen 4)... there are times I love loopholes.
__________________

Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Mason609 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Those are kinda hard to find. I got mine off a State Trooper (Gen 4)... there are times I love loopholes.
Yeah I get alot of stuff from military police and Leo's. Still waiting for my glock armorer buddy to get lucky on one or something.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Currently, Gen 4 Glocks are the only ones that we can't get, yet.

Whoever you heard this rumor from is an idiot.
Shouldn't call people idiots, when you yourself are giving incorrect info. MANY people in MA have Gen4's. They come into the state legally and then can be LEGALLY xfered in FTF transactions. You'll pay for it, but you can get them.
__________________
Snatale42 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
astroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Robertson County, TN
Posts: 587
Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Default

I bought my Gen2 G19 back in 1990 in Mass. I am glad I no longer reside there...too much BS...

__________________

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

astroman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Due to the fact there isn't any official law and the AG refuses to produce the magic list (plausible deniability) the Old Mill Gun Shop is selling new glocks. Glocks are on the approved roster that does exist. Until that changes or the invisible list appears or our lawyer is contacted, glocks will be sold.
Come and get em guys.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
petesrt4 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Due to the fact there isn't any official law and the AG refuses to produce the magic list (plausible deniability) the Old Mill Gun Shop is selling new glocks. Glocks are on the approved roster that does exist. Until that changes or the invisible list appears or our lawyer is contacted, glocks will be sold.
Come and get em guys.
Good for them! Bout time somebody ignores that crap. After all Glocks ARE on the approved roster, I've never seen it refer to the Generation of the gun.
__________________
Snatale42 is offline  
petesrt4 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
petesrt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 47
Likes Given: 31

Default

Loving my Gen 4 G27 from the old mill gunshop great guys there too

__________________
Fight Crime, Shoot First!
petesrt4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes