Gen4 Glock30sf LE Transfer to Civilian
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Massachusetts Gun Forum >

Gen4 Glock30sf LE Transfer to Civilian


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Likes Given: 1

Default Gen4 Glock30sf LE Transfer to Civilian

I talked to a couple guys at a gun shop and they said one of the ways to obtain a new glock is to have a law enforcement officer buy it and transfer it to me. I am new to this and have no idea what steps i would have to go through to obtain this handgun.

My question is, does this work? What steps would i need to take and what would the Officer need to do to buy and then transfer it to my possession? And if this is possible, how much would it cost and how long would it take? I assume it would be cheaper for the Officer because he gets an LE discount?

Any guidance on this matter would be great. Thanks
CurlyFry is offline  
 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
I talked to a couple guys at a gun shop and they said one of the ways to obtain a new glock is to have a law enforcement officer buy it and transfer it to me. I am new to this and have no idea what steps i would have to go through to obtain this handgun.

My question is, does this work? What steps would i need to take and what would the Officer need to do to buy and then transfer it to my possession? And if this is possible, how much would it cost and how long would it take? I assume it would be cheaper for the Officer because he gets an LE discount?

Any guidance on this matter would be great. Thanks
First off ... is there any reason you yourself cannot purchase this handgun legally? Second, if you WERE to go the route the "guys" at the gun shop suggested than you and the LEO would be participating in a straw sale ... something that is ILLEGAL

Hope this helps ... good luck
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Likes Given: 1

Default

I was under the impression that the only glocks you could buy were pre ban glocks, 1998 and before. I am new to this so sorry if those questions were stupid.
CurlyFry is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
I was under the impression that the only glocks you could buy were pre ban glocks, 1998 and before. I am new to this so sorry if those questions were stupid.
shop away - http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_43/Handguns/Glock

In general you need to be at least 21 and NOT a felon to purchase a handgun. But I would look into the local and state laws where you live before taking the word from some "guy" at the local gun store
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Likes Given: 1

Default

So all this stuff I have read about the only glocks you can own in MA have to be pre 1998 is bull? I have an unrestricted class A LTC. I was under the impression new purchases of glocks were illegal or something. Thanks for your help
CurlyFry is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,038
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

You have to purchase pre ban glock is MA, send a pm to mountainman13? As he lives in MA and manages a gun shop.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,038
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

I believe it's Gen 1 and Gen 2 you can own, the others are not legal for civilians to own. IIRC, maybe need to use your google-foo so you don't end up in prison. I'm sure your not a politician or media whore who will walk away from that.
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
So all this stuff I have read about the only glocks you can own in MA have to be pre 1998 is bull? I have an unrestricted class A LTC. I was under the impression new purchases of glocks were illegal or something. Thanks for your help
I didn't say that, what I said was you should check the local and state laws before taking the word of some "guy". Here's some reading for you

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/gun-laws/


good luck
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Likes Given: 1

Default

So concerning dog200tj's link to glocks, I CANNOT buy those? The owners of the shop said LE transfers and ordering and assembling the separate parts for a glock (frame, then slide, then barrel etc.) are ways around the ban.
CurlyFry is offline  
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,267
Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
So all this stuff I have read about the only glocks you can own in MA have to be pre 1998 is bull? I have an unrestricted class A LTC. I was under the impression new purchases of glocks were illegal or something. Thanks for your help
this is true. glocks have to be pre 98. you can thank mitt romney and the democrats for denying your second ammendment rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
I talked to a couple guys at a gun shop and they said one of the ways to obtain a new glock is to have a law enforcement officer buy it and transfer it to me. I am new to this and have no idea what steps i would have to go through to obtain this handgun.

My question is, does this work? What steps would i need to take and what would the Officer need to do to buy and then transfer it to my possession? And if this is possible, how much would it cost and how long would it take? I assume it would be cheaper for the Officer because he gets an LE discount?

Any guidance on this matter would be great. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
First off ... is there any reason you yourself cannot purchase this handgun legally? Second, if you WERE to go the route the "guys" at the gun shop suggested than you and the LEO would be participating in a straw sale ... something that is ILLEGAL

Hope this helps ... good luck
dog answered ya there.

only a ffl dealer can legally sell you a gun. an individual can make a legal sale but not a a means to just get you a gun. personally i think buying/selling a gun without going through a ffl is risky at best. couple of issues...

if your buying how do you know its not a murder weapon or stolen and the person selling isnt just getting rid of evidence. if your selling how do you know the buyer isnt a prohibited person looking to get a gun to murder people??

while its legal for anyone to sell private property to another person its a very thin grey line when it comes to selling guns. if as you say you want a police officer to buy a gun then give it or sell it to you privately thats a straw buy and illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry View Post
So concerning dog200tj's link to glocks, I CANNOT buy those? The owners of the shop said LE transfers and ordering and assembling the separate parts for a glock (frame, then slide, then barrel etc.) are ways around the ban.
the pistol frame has to be pre-98. getting others to buy things for you is illegal period. find a different ffl dealer the one your dealing with is an idiot.

this topic is closed. you have complete answers. further discussion of illegal activity isnt going to happen
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 12-30-2012 at 03:27 AM.
JonM is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Civilian marksmanship program Nfernaays New York Gun Forum 5 07-31-2012 03:10 AM
Civilian Army KAG Politics, Religion and Controversy 26 09-01-2009 11:01 AM
Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog dnthmn2004 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 04-21-2009 01:25 PM
Glock30SF Magazine Question Dan64456 Glock Forum 5 09-29-2008 03:45 PM
Civilian Kevlar Lassie Firearm Accessories & Gear 1 07-11-2007 08:23 PM



Newest Threads