Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Massachusetts Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f134/)
-   -   Basic hunter education course (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f134/basic-hunter-education-course-91048/)

pl978 05-21-2013 09:26 PM

Basic hunter education course
 
Hi everyone I will be taking my hunter education course in July and I was wondering if it covers the requirement to apply for a FID or LTC. I am 18yrs old so I'm guessing it won't cover the LTC, but after taking the hunting course can I just go and apply for a FID or do I still need to take a firearms saftey course? Thank you!:confused:

FullautoUSA 05-22-2013 03:19 AM

That covers the FID but since you're only 18 you can't get an LTC.

MisterMcCool 05-22-2013 03:24 AM

You need to be 21 to own a pistol in most states.

FullautoUSA 05-22-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
You need to be 21 to own a pistol in most states.

In every state, it's federal law.

pl978 05-22-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1254310)
That covers the FID but since you're only 18 you can't get an LTC.

Okay thank you so much, so after finishing the hunting course I just need to get a FID application at the police station and apply? I guess I'll just have to wait another 3yrs for my LTC.

FullautoUSA 05-22-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl978

Okay thank you so much, so after finishing the hunting course I just need to get a FID application at the police station and apply? I guess I'll just have to wait another 3yrs for my LTC.

Yes, welcome to the forum from another resident of marxachussetts!

pl978 05-22-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1254344)
Yes, welcome to the forum from another resident of marxachussetts!

Thank you very much. How long will it take me to get a FID?

pl978 05-22-2013 03:48 AM

I just saved myself $125 I was going to take the firearm safety course too, but now I understand that I don't need to take the firearm course in order to get a FID.

FullautoUSA 05-23-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl978
Thank you very much. How long will it take me to get a FID?

Depends, but within 40 days they must either approve or reject your application.

Mason609 08-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1254336)
In every state, it's federal law.

21 to carry/purchase.

There is no federal law prohibiting 18-20 year olds from owning. Also, they can do a private sale.

Many states allow as young as 18 to own handguns. We aren't one of them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.