Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Kentucky Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f130/)
-   -   Ranges in Louisville (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f130/ranges-louisville-86438/)

kytowboater 03-13-2013 07:19 AM

Ranges in Louisville

Ill be relocating to Louisville area this summer. What are some good outdoor ranges, that have affordable membership prices. Looking for a place with a good rifle range, pistol range, and it would be nice to have skeet/trap shooting available as well.

There are places close to lexington that vary from $40 a year, to $70 a year.

KY1911 03-13-2013 08:20 AM

Knob Creek is as far as I know the only outdoor range in Louisville.

unclebear 03-13-2013 08:43 AM

the KYgunco should be opening a indoor pistol range if they already haven't. Knob Creek gun range is your best bet unless you know someone that has some land you can shoot on

sdiver35 03-13-2013 11:00 AM

TG&G has just remodeled and have decent ranges. Their membership isn't too bad if you are LEO or Military. Knob Creek is another good range. If you want pricey and pristine - Open Range just outside of Louisville is really nice. Indoor 100yd rifle range - $27.00 per hour.

kytowboater 03-13-2013 11:43 AM

Are there outdoor ranges other than knobb creek? What about the range in the crest wood area?

sdiver35 03-13-2013 01:32 PM

Open Range is the one in Crestwood. Knob Creek is the only outdoor range I am aware of that is open to the public.

kytowboater 03-13-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdiver35
Open Range is the one in Crestwood. Knob Creek is the only outdoor range I am aware of that is open to the public.

Ah okay then. Well darn, the private membership ranges close to me is $40 a year. For my wife and I. Lol

CaseyChadwell 03-13-2013 05:05 PM

Open range in crestwood is pricey, knob creek is pricey and not somewhere you can go for a few minutes because of the way they set up the shooting times there. Your best bet is to find private land to shoot on. Once you get to Louisville you can pm me, I'm sure I could get you onto some private land outside of Louisville.

kytowboater 05-23-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell
Open range in crestwood is pricey, knob creek is pricey and not somewhere you can go for a few minutes because of the way they set up the shooting times there. Your best bet is to find private land to shoot on. Once you get to Louisville you can pm me, I'm sure I could get you onto some private land outside of Louisville.

Sorry it's been forever getting back. I forgot about this thread. I will probably do so. Boyle county range is $40 a year for family. But a long drive away.

trapshooter11 05-24-2013 02:51 AM

Hey! Look at Jefferson county sportsmens club (jcsc) located by fern creek. Trap shoots every Sunday, indoor pistol range which takes .22 rifles, 32 acre lake, black powder range, and archery range. Year membership is around $150 I believe.