Question?!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Kentucky Gun Forum > Question?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Question?!

Can an Indiana resident purchase a long gun face to face in Kentucky?Example. I have rifle. I'm ky resident. Guy has money. He is Indiana resident. Can I see a guy a rifle that lives in Indiana?

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8397 Times on 4527 Posts
Likes Given: 17775

Default Question?!

The transaction must be done by a dealer.
And Indiana has some weird laws like the FOID.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 AM   #3

Ok. Thanks. I called ATF office said pretty sure it needed to be Ffl. I'll call my Ffl in morning and check transfer rates. I think they can walk out with it and not have to ship a long rifle.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #4

Default Question?!

Okay. handguns must be transferred FFL and shipped to new owners home state Ffl. long guns CAN be face to face no Ffl in ky. Assuming guy can own weapons.

Oh dern....

Last edited by kytowboater; 01-09-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10085 Times on 4349 Posts
Likes Given: 1607

Nope. Federal law- and the ATF damn well knows better.

Here is the deal- you may obtain a long gun FROM A DEALER in another state.

You can obtain a long gun or handgun from a private citizen IN YOUR OWN STATE.

Go outside your home state, any purchase must be a long gun, from a dealer. 18 US Code 922.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Nope. Federal law- and the ATF damn well knows better.

Here is the deal- you may obtain a long gun FROM A DEALER in another state.

You can obtain a long gun or handgun from a private citizen IN YOUR OWN STATE.

Go outside your home state, any purchase must be a long gun, from a dealer. 18 US Code 922.

Then the FFL dealers need to get they're stuff straight. Three places told me today we could do a face to face on rifles.

Will do the transfer. It's only 15 anyway.

Oh dern....

Old 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3429 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 1675

Yes, you can, at a gun show.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #8

Just got of phone with ATF. ATF office said if the out if state person comes to Kentucky, you can sell face to face, no FFL on LONG GUN only. Of course no class 3 blah blah blah. This is for a mosin nagant.

Oh dern....

Old 01-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10085 Times on 4349 Posts
Likes Given: 1607

Towboater- you are being given bad counsel. A DEALER can sell a long gun to a non-resident. An unlicensed person cannot.

18 US Code Section 922- It shall be unlawful.....

(A) (3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph (A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State, (B) shall not apply to the transportation or receipt of a firearm obtained in conformity with subsection (b)(3) of this section, and (C) shall not apply to the transportation of any firearm acquired in any State prior to the effective date of this chapter;

b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—

(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located, except that this paragraph (A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States), and (B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #10

How do they give that info out then? WTf.

ATF compliance on phone asked if we were meeting at my house. Ugh. Okay. Thanks c3. Shame the enforcers don't understand their own laws.

Oh dern....