open carry in KY
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Kentucky Gun Forum > open carry in KY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default open carry in KY

Does anyone have any experience with open carry in KY? I know what the law says, but do you get harrassed?.....doc

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #2

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts

i travel to kentucky alot i live in indiana and i no they honor my Conceald carry liscens and i carry open i aint never been harrassed just looked at alot

Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #3

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I am not a fan of open carry to say the least, I don't do it, but I have seen a lot of people that do, most of the time no complaints, but it does happen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #4

also i have a off the wall question i plan to buy a farm in Kentucky but i can get more land if i buy a place with no house and just well/gas septic already done my question is Does anyone no if their are any laws in Kentucky that one can not live in a travle trailer year round on private property?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

If your out in the country, ya can live in one.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #6

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
also i have a off the wall question i plan to buy a farm in Kentucky but i can get more land if i buy a place with no house and just well/gas septic already done my question is Does anyone no if their are any laws in Kentucky that one can not live in a travle trailer year round on private property?
Certain counties have zoning that says it must be no older than a certain date and be on no less than a predetermined amount of land, (usually 5 acres). you need a permit to build a fence around your tomato plants in Oldham co....

Other counties have light zoning regulations or none at all. Mine has none, you can do just about anything you want. Would check up on the laws specific to that county.

Where are you looking at land if you don't mind me asking?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #7

i plan on a buying around 50-100 acres i like the area around scott county Georgetown area and i also like Bardstown area purdy much anywere i can get the type of farm i want with the cattle/horse fences already up i travel to kentucky monthly my girl freind is in college their and am planin to move when she is done

Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #8

just out of cureousity is it legal that im a indiana resident with a handgun liscens can i legally carry in state kentucky ?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery
just out of cureousity is it legal that im a indiana resident with a handgun liscens can i legally carry in state kentucky ?
Do a google search for states the honor Indianas license.

I open carry every day, as I am just 19 and work at a gun shop where being armed is a good idea. I live in a awesome town, and dont think we would ever be robbed, but gun shops are a "targeted" business. I've never had any problems while open carrying, just looks from other folks.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you are buying the farm to hunt on but still live in another state, you still need hunting license, .Howerver, a tenant living on that farm may hunt without license.
Now on open carry, carry if you want, but I think it's odd mlooking carrying large weapons openly just to show you can. Conceiled carry to me makes more sense.

Last edited by sarg1c; 03-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.