Great ranges in the state - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Iowa Gun Forum > Great ranges in the state

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatC View Post
We have a couple good ranges close to Wloo and CF. One at Black Hawk Park In CF and the other In Washburn. There is another on Hwy 63 going to Hudson. But not sure what it is, As far as public or privit

The range south of hudson is Cedar Valley Pistol and Rifle Club. its private but open to new members, $60 per year. They hold competitive shooting events there also.

Pistol, shotgun, and pistol caliber rifles only.

you can find more info here: http://www.iashooters.org/forumdisplay.php?8-Cedar-Valley-Pistol-amp-Rifle-Club

Last edited by IAShooters; 05-22-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster View Post
I think this would be a good thread for this section. Where can we find ranges in Iowa that AREN'T part of big brothers plans? I grew up near, and shot for MANY years as a boy at Banner just south of Des Moines. Now I won't even go there, as they take your name, dl, gun info, etc, then charge you more money per hour than you can use in .22 ammo. Same goes for Polk City.

So where can we shoot? Do you know of a range? Post it here, and thank you for the info!
Take a look at the range finder on IAShooters, you may find what you are looking for there. It's located lower left on the home page.

http://www.iashooters.org/forum.php

Find out more about IDPA, USPSA, and 3-Gun in Iowa at WWW.IASHOOTERS.ORG