Southern Indiana Defensive Firearm and Survival Group - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Indiana Gun Forum > Southern Indiana Defensive Firearm and Survival Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Same here. I go out in the country and shoot cans but really wanting to get some range time in

Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm in Clark co, I go up to the Clark State Forestry and shoot at the free range alot. It's not bad, can be busy on weekends but usually friendly people so you can find room to shoot. Ever got a get together going or any updates on this idea? I'm sure we all have some sort of experience or knowledge to pass around? Even if it's something small?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #23

Nothing yet man. Just me and a buddy shooting every do often that's all. Really wish we could find something though.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #24

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

If you are in S.W. Indiana in the Evansville, Newburgh, Boonville area you should check out the Hard Target Firearms Training Guy works through the Red Brush rifle range or the FOP camp. And has many types of training.

http://www.hardtargetfirearms.com/

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 11-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man
If you are in S.W. Indiana in the Evansville, Newburgh, Boonville area you should check out the Hard Target Firearms Training Guy works through the Red Brush rifle range or the FOP camp. And has many types of training.

http://www.hardtargetfirearms.com/
Thanks for that info. I'm in Evansville I will look into this for sure

Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #26

I'm in Clark County Indiana area as well: Jeffersonville. Maybe we can form local groups in our respective areas and share some helpful info.

There's certain types of training you can do initially before going live at a range, such as using snap caps and practice maneuvering, fast draws, reloading and conflict/failure resolution.

A great gun range in the southern to central Indiana area is Crosley, which is a tad Northeast of Seymour. You woudn't really want to do the above mentioned training at a public range like the Henryville range because of all the potential gawkers or possibly freaking out fellow shooters with fast draw techniques and such. The range at Crosley is also a public range but it is broken down into separate lanes of differing distances and affords much more privacy to the group occupying the respective lanes.

There's much more to carrying a firearm than buying a cool holster and popping a few tin cans or targets every once in a while. The more prepared an individual is in terms of training and rehersal, the better the chance for survival in the event of a real encounter.
Incincluding a photo from Crosley.

forumrunner_20130126_011612.jpg  

Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
POC

New range going in right now at Guns and More in Paoli.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #28

We could use something like that here in Boone county/ central Indiana.