Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Indiana Gun Forum > Indy

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
steve666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 627
Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Indy

Hi from Indy. I live on the Eastside and work downtown.

__________________
An armed society is a polite society.
steve666 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,461
Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

I'm an old geezer who used to live in Indy. Had to move to South Carolina to get work. I lived in Indy from 1979-2007. If any noncriminals live in that city without a gun and a license to carry, they are trusting to luck every time they leave their homes. 7 times during the 28 years I lived there having a gun on my person saved my bacon.

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

We'll be down 3/17 for the 1500 gun show, hoping to bag a good deal on an AR and reloading components. Then the Supercross race later that night!

Already got the room 1/2 mile from Lucas Oil reserved and tickets in the safe.

__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
steve666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 627
Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

After the 1500 check out Murphy's Steakhouse on Keystone for dinner. It's close to the Fairgrounds and has great food for a good price. You can check out their website to see the menu and get a coupon you can print out. http://murphyssteakhouse.com/
Of course being St. Patrick's Day they'll be busy.

__________________
An armed society is a polite society.
steve666 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
After the 1500 check out Murphy's Steakhouse on Keystone for dinner. It's close to the Fairgrounds and has great food for a good price. You can check out their website to see the menu and get a coupon you can print out. http://murphyssteakhouse.com/
Of course being St. Patrick's Day they'll be busy.
COOL BEANS! Thanks for the heads up.

Any suggestions for something good (and inexpensive) closer to downtown? The plan is to be at the show when it opens and wander around there until noon/1 o'clock. Then head downtown and check into our room @ The Westin and parking the truck for the rest of our stay. Then letting the boys swim, getting something to eat, then walking over to the stadium and the races.
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
steve666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 627
Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
COOL BEANS! Thanks for the heads up.

Any suggestions for something good (and inexpensive) closer to downtown? The plan is to be at the show when it opens and wander around there until noon/1 o'clock. Then head downtown and check into our room @ The Westin and parking the truck for the rest of our stay. Then letting the boys swim, getting something to eat, then walking over to the stadium and the races.
Most of the good places downtown are not inexpensive. You might try BW3 for wings, Hard Rock Cafe, Rock Bottom Brewery, or you can always hit the food court at Circle Centre Mall.
__________________
An armed society is a polite society.
steve666 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,461
Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

Is it true that the "Supercross" is not a standard motocross? But it's more like a "Quasi-Moto" cross?

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Is it true that the "Supercross" is not a standard motocross? But it's more like a "Quasi-Moto" cross?
LOL

pun intended i am sure.

Will be doing red bud in July...thats full on motocross!
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
truggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
I'm an old geezer who used to live in Indy. Had to move to South Carolina to get work. I lived in Indy from 1979-2007. If any noncriminals live in that city without a gun and a license to carry, they are trusting to luck every time they leave their homes. 7 times during the 28 years I lived there having a gun on my person saved my bacon.
This really concerns me. I am originally from Decatur county but go to iupui downtown. There is a law that says that I cannot carry on campus... So I am extremely limited on when and where I am able to carry. And with other folks putting comments such as this one makes me want to demolish the no weapons on campus law.
__________________
truggles is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,461
Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truggles View Post
This really concerns me. I am originally from Decatur county but go to iupui downtown. There is a law that says that I cannot carry on campus... So I am extremely limited on when and where I am able to carry. And with other folks putting comments such as this one makes me want to demolish the no weapons on campus law.
College campus violence is becoming a serious problem. And to disarm the potential victims is stupid beyond belief. Several states have recently enacted legislation to allow permit holders to carry on campus. Indiana is pretty much favorable to gun rights, so I expect in the near future there'll be some legislation to that effect.
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Indy 1500 gun show Punisher56 Gun Shows 2 10-27-2011 08:46 AM
Indy 1500? Thomas Carey The Club House 7 03-16-2011 10:09 PM