Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Indiana Gun Forum > Indiana permit to carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel686 View Post
If they cashed the money order it has been aproved. It took almost 10 months for mine to come back. Live in north east indiana

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Was yours electronic fingerprints or paper?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It was electronic. applied in summer of 12 recieved in spring of 13

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #13

Liked 216 Times on 143 Posts

A friend of mine is in the same situation in In. Just last week he checked with his local P.D. They had approved and sent it to the state almost a year ago. They gave him a different phone number to ISP that actually let him speak to someone.

Turned out one of the registration numbers (whatever that is) had been entered wrong. I guess they just put it aside and weren't going to notify him. Anyway they are straightening it out now. Might ask the locals what number they use when they call.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Don't live there but never heard of taking that long anywhere.

I just took the test yesterday Jan 14 for my CWP In Va. Filled out the permit request. Sent an email to the Circuit Court to ask what forms of payment they accept. Doesn't sound like there will be much delay here. I'm amazed at how cheap it is

Here is their reply:

===
The cost is $15.00 we take cash, check or credit card 4% charge. Need copy of drivers license, copy of certification and the application fill out just questions 1 to 9 do not sign the application until we give you the Oath. Hope to see you soon.

Sharon P. Oliver
Circuit Court Clerk of Craig County
P.O. Box 185
New Castle, Virginia 24127
Direct Line: 540 864-6141
Fax # : 540 864-7471
spoliver@courts.state.va.us
===

They WILL see me soon.
I am so envious! Here in Minnesota, you need a class ($75-100) and then $100 in my county for the permit

how much do the other constitutional rights costs? Is there a fee to enjoy the 1st amendment, or any of the others??????

Old 01-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1448 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 726

Electronic records are like global warming. Feel hot to the creators but nobody else.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2218 Times on 1111 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

Being retired LE from Indiana after almost 30 years. I have never heard of such a thing! Who ever is referring you to the Indiana State Police is giving you bad information and worse does not know Indiana Law.
The law says you must go to the jurisdiction you reside in to apply for your Concealed Carry or Hunting and Target Practice Permit forms in Indiana. What that means is if you live in the city or town you must go to the Chief or his or her designee to apply for your permit. If you live in the County in Indiana you must go to the Sheriff's Office to get one. The Indiana State Police have nothing to do with this portion of it until running your final records check prior to issuance. And the State of Indiana issues the permit. I would advise you to go to the *Sheriff's Department direct in person. And ask to speak with someone who is responsible for gun permits. And while there at least make an appointment! I have never heard of any taking over 120 days which is the longest I can remember. And it was because the applicant had a similar name and information to a person who had a lengthy record. If you have never been involved in a crime, battery, or other serious charge there is "absolutely no reason" for this long period. So now you are informed on the Indiana Law go for it! Go to the Sheriff's Office since it sounds like you live in the County! And keep us informed!

Sniper03

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

Being retired LE from Indiana after almost 30 years. I have never heard of such a thing! Who ever is referring you to the Indiana State Police is giving you bad information and worse does not know Indiana Law.
You know, I called State Police once. A woman explained that there was a backlog and gave an estimated time frame. It was soon after 9/11. I used to renew every 4 years back then.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I am so envious! Here in Minnesota, you need a class ($75-100) and then $100 in my county for the permit

how much do the other constitutional rights costs? Is there a fee to enjoy the 1st amendment, or any of the others??????
One can expect this behavior from state by looking at who gets elected from there. No offense.

Good question about 2A. They make us pay for the background checks, fingerprinting and all. But I think if you push them back, it's gonna be a wack-a-mole. They will find a way to tax you instead. It just might be better to have this done for everyone to see, over the counter than under the table.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

We guys I just got home from work and guess what was in the mail box? Haha yep finally got it. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2218 Times on 1111 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

That is Great News!
Glad you now have it!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy