Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Indiana Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f127/)
-   -   Don's Guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f127/dons-guns-74996/)

clearsights 10-25-2012 03:32 AM

Don's Guns

1 Attachment(s)
My wife and I were in Indy and decided to take some time and use the range @ Don's. We were surprised they did not allow loaded firearms. I guess since their shooting they had to take a different approach. We have visited once or twice in the past but not to use the range. It was very pricey, little safety precautions and disorganized. Many of the businesses in the area have closed in the last few years here and I wouldn't be surprised if they followed suit. It was just such a different experience then what we were use to in the ranges around us.
It is always fun to visit different shops and ranges!

Attachment 66360

steve666 10-25-2012 12:19 PM

Don's IS unique; unfortunately, not in a good way. If I want to use an indoor range, I'll stick to Indy Trading Post or even PopGuns.

clearsights 10-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve666
Don's IS unique; unfortunately, not in a good way. If I want to use an indoor range, I'll stick to Indy Trading Post or even PopGuns.

We'll have to check those out next time we are in the area. Thanks!

steve666 10-25-2012 01:59 PM

Indy Trading Post is the better of the two. It's at 2851 Madison Ave.

Fathead00 10-25-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve666
Indy Trading Post is the better of the two. It's at 2851 Madison Ave.

How is the Indy Army/Navy store on 21st?

winds-of-change 10-25-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights (Post 988893)
We were surprised they did not allow loaded firearms.

I don't understand what you mean by this? How can you use the range if you don't load your firearm?

clearsights 10-25-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I don't understand what you mean by this? How can you use the range if you don't load your firearm?

Indiana allows both open and conceal carry.
;)
We both were carrying and walked up to the door and saw the signs. We began to turn around an an employee came out. They are fine as long as one isn't in the chamber. Which...doesn't make sense because it wouldn't take but a moment to rack the slide.

winds-of-change 10-25-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights (Post 989269)
Indiana allows both open and conceal carry.
;)
We both were carrying and walked up to the door and saw the signs. We began to turn around an an employee came out. They are fine as long as one isn't in the chamber. Which...doesn't make sense because it wouldn't take but a moment to rack the slide.

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about conceal carry. I thought you were just talking about using the range. :o

I'm sure they are just trying to reduce any 'accidents' by not having one in the chamber.

fmj 10-25-2012 05:14 PM

By the looks of, what appears to be, bullet holes in the shooting station divider...i am not sure i would want to shoot there in the first place.

I cant say as i have EVER heard anything good about dons.

clearsights 10-25-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I'm sure they are just trying to reduce any 'accidents' by not having one in the chamber.

One of their employees was shot so I think they are reacting to that incident.