Are You Going To Carry Concealed? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Are You Going To Carry Concealed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
I am from IL, however, I am going to wait quite a while or never apply. This corrupt state has enough info already. I have FL concealed, and carry in most states, for many years now. I doubt that IL will have a reciprocal clause. I do expect the carry laws to be very restrictive and not what you all dream about. I hope I am wrong on this. Wait and see.
Read the bills and contact your represenative, get involved, get on the front lines instead of the side lines. File witness slips.

HB0997 http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=0997&GAID=12&GA=98&DocTypeID =HB&LegID=71413&SessionID=85

We absolutely NEED "shall issue" with preemption. No exceptions! I email and fax my reps, as well as reps not in my district, often.

GTX 63, I beelive mandatory training would/could be financial in two ways. One they get revenue. Two they keep the poor people from legally owning firearms.

Activereality,. I agree with you in regards to training. The problem is the cost of ammo!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 228

[QUOTE=CGS;1172047]Read the bills and contact your represenative, get involved, get on the front lines instead of the side lines. File witness slips.

HB0997 http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=0997&GAID=12&GA=98&DocTypeID =HB&LegID=71413&SessionID=85

I did send letters, however, that was before the SC ruling. I will do it again as you request. I do want carry in IL w/o the restrictions of NY. I live near Chicago and I must admit my opinions are a bit jaded as to the IL legislative process.
What the final bill will be no one knows. "We will have to read the passed bill to know what it says."
"The game is not over until the last whistle blows."

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
CGS

I send on average once a month or when ever another issue comes up or when I read a bad head line. You can use various websites to automate sending one letter to all your elected officials.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Yeah. Agreed in ammo. I do about 3-5 hours worth of dry fire practice with my wife a week. I do another 1-2 on my own. This gets my muscle memory tweaked. Helps me with over all control and awareness and make my range says less "motion oriented" and more speed and accuracy drills. Work on firing mechanics and such means more rounds down range. But in the end I feel better about my training like that. Then again. I reload my brass so cost is slightly mitigated. Allowing me to fire more rounds than buying boxed ammo allows. Doesn't really "save" me money. Just allows me to shoot more lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
CGS

I buy my ammo wholesale, so I have pretty good prices on ammo because I am not gettign gouged by the middle man. However try getting any? Sheesh. Still though wholesale prices on ammo have gone up about 200% since Obama's first election, not considering Sandy Hook which has caused ammo to go up another 10% wholesale.