Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > what part of Illinois you from?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I think Mega is done with the expansion. Last time I was there was in early Aug and it was almost done, the employees were talking about how much it was going to suck to have move all the stuff. I really wish Mega had a little better prices and attitude. I had a buddy that wanted to buy a Rock River AR from them, the deal went sour because they took the extra mags out of the box and tried to charge for them. The place has a great selection but the range is too strict in regards to what ammo they let you fire (no reloads even if they are FMJ's). I live about 8 minutes from Rinks and try to give them my business when I can.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #102

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Will do. I'm trying to stock ammo as much as I can. Went to wal mart the other day. Man they were wiped clean. Except for some 40s and 45s. No federal. I bought one of the blue boxes of 45s they had. Never seen em before. New stuff. Wonder how they are. I'm gonna check out Wally world in darien tomarrow and see what they have. They usually have a good stock.
ng, try New Lenox or Lockport Wallyworld too. Also, I just got my Cabela's flyer, lots of ammo listed.

JD, that's a damn shame... They lost my business awhile ago. 1st time, asked for help at the big counter and the salesperson said "Yeah, it's over there" and pointed in the direction of what I was looking for, not even specifically showing me. It wasn't like he was doing anything at the time. I stood down there for a few minutes and watched him walk back and forth and never come over. 2nd time, I was in pricing AR's. Just because I live in a town that doesn't allow possession of certain firearms, doesn't mean I cannot own said firearms and have them stored elsewhere. After seeing my FOID, the salesperson informed me that I could look, but I couldn't buy. So, I again said buh-bye to Megasports. Needless to say, I won't be back there again.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #103

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Wow. Well that counts me out for Mega since we live damn near in the same area.

spit hell fire

Old 09-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #104

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I've had good service at the handgun counter, I should have said that before. I bought my Vaquero from them and the service was fine. I was surprised today that Rink's sellsprimers for less than Cabela's by about $2 per 1000. It's not the $2, but the gas I save by not driving to IN and I like supporting a local business.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #105

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Wow. Well that counts me out for Mega since we live damn near in the same area.
nite... those were my experiences... don't let them color the possibility of you having a good experience. Go there, check it out, figure out if it fits for you. I'll admit, it's like a Toys R Us of firearms and merchandise.

We'll see... someday I may give it another chance... but I've found what I've wanted cheaper elsewhere with better service.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #106

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS

nite... those were my experiences... don't let them color the possibility of you having a good experience. Go there, check it out, figure out if it fits for you. I'll admit, it's like a Toys R Us of firearms and merchandise.

We'll see... someday I may give it another chance... but I've found what I've wanted cheaper elsewhere with better service.
I see megasports as a tool to just handle and dry fire any guns I may purchase. (they have everything) I then go to a shop that's cheaper or make an online purchase . Just my 2 cents
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #107

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Well went to darien wal mart today. Not even two min into looking at ammo and someone walks up and asks if I need ammo out of there. Yes i do. Way better employees than the wal mart on 103rd. Harlem. And BTW they had alot of ammo. Picked up another Winchester 22 wood box brick and some fed 45's.

spit hell fire

ChuckS Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #108

I'm from up here in Kane County. Aurora area. I can not wait for Hunting and trapping season. The Raccoons are plentiful!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #109

I,m from Kane county

Old 09-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #110

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Champaign county for me... It's pretty blah