violence tax for gun owners
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > violence tax for gun owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default violence tax for gun owners

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/15644719-418/cook-county-mulling-violence-tax-on-guns-and-ammunition.html

I don't need No stinking signature.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Meh, who here is suprised at this. How is target shooting violent ?

NEVER FORGET

Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Like any other gun control laws it is for the criminals that it won't affect and you can bet if it passes it will be just the beginning for us all.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Like any other gun control laws it is for the criminals that it won't affect and you can bet if it passes it will be just the beginning for us all.
I would bet my life it would never pass in MS. Recently the county I live in wanted to ban guns in the county parks for all but ccw carriers. The outcry resulted in the supervisors holding meetings with the public. They were on every local channel giving interviews about the new policy. In the end I think we are getting a county sponsored shooting range.:-P

NEVER FORGET

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Must be nice. We have a decent chance of getting a few very pro gun people in at the state level this year. It will be interesting to see what they can accomplish. Never underestimate the feds though.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #6

Yea, I may have been a little enthusastic in my response. Never say never huh.

NEVER FORGET

Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's good to have hope and faith.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2815 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Prickwrinkle is a woman? Holy crap! I would have never guessed from the photo.
I have a better idea, how about they incarcerate people that shoot other people for a really long time. Eventually they will all either learn or they will all be in jail.
Quit punishing the law abiding taxpayers!

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

with 20+ shooting each weekend in cook co . it no wonder this was suggusted. but i have a better idea . if you're found to be involved any way shape or form in illegal activities and have a gun on you, it 20 years for the first offense . i think enforcement of the laws already on the books if made harsher would work better than all the gun buy back programs in the world.of course having a bunch of liberal *******-******* running the local gov't is part of the problem .... oh sorry my bad these are the same ******-******'s running the federal gov't . it's wild west days in chicago but sadly only the bangers have guns . honest folks don't stand a chance

Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncollector View Post
with 20+ shooting each weekend in cook co . it no wonder this was suggusted. but i have a better idea . if you're found to be involved any way shape or form in illegal activities and have a gun on you, it 20 years for the first offense . i think enforcement of the laws already on the books if made harsher would work better than all the gun buy back programs in the world.of course having a bunch of liberal *******-******* running the local gov't is part of the problem .... oh sorry my bad these are the same ******-******'s running the federal gov't . it's wild west days in chicago but sadly only the bangers have guns . honest folks don't stand a chance
I wouldn't be surprised if this passed in Cook County at all. This makes me SO MAD. Thankfully, I live in DeKalb County but it still angers the heck out of me.

When are they going to see they are going in the wrong direction to stop the violence in Chicago? Guncollector, you are exactly right in your post. Just another law to tie the hands of the law abiding citizen and just another law the 'bangers' aren't going to follow. I simply cannot understand how the Cook County politicians can't see what the rest of the country already knows about guns. The stats tell it all but yet they don't get it.