Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   violence tax for gun owners (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/violence-tax-gun-owners-74041/)

mountainman13 10-09-2012 11:51 PM

violence tax for gun owners

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/15644719-418/cook-county-mulling-violence-tax-on-guns-and-ammunition.html

downsouth 10-09-2012 11:55 PM

Meh, who here is suprised at this. How is target shooting violent ?

mountainman13 10-09-2012 11:56 PM

Like any other gun control laws it is for the criminals that it won't affect and you can bet if it passes it will be just the beginning for us all.

downsouth 10-10-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Like any other gun control laws it is for the criminals that it won't affect and you can bet if it passes it will be just the beginning for us all.

I would bet my life it would never pass in MS. Recently the county I live in wanted to ban guns in the county parks for all but ccw carriers. The outcry resulted in the supervisors holding meetings with the public. They were on every local channel giving interviews about the new policy. In the end I think we are getting a county sponsored shooting range.:-P

mountainman13 10-10-2012 12:17 AM

Must be nice. We have a decent chance of getting a few very pro gun people in at the state level this year. It will be interesting to see what they can accomplish. Never underestimate the feds though. ;)

downsouth 10-10-2012 12:24 AM

Yea, I may have been a little enthusastic in my response. Never say never huh.

mountainman13 10-10-2012 12:27 AM

It's good to have hope and faith.

Overkill0084 10-10-2012 12:32 AM

Prickwrinkle is a woman? Holy crap! I would have never guessed from the photo.
I have a better idea, how about they incarcerate people that shoot other people for a really long time. Eventually they will all either learn or they will all be in jail.
Quit punishing the law abiding taxpayers!

guncollector 10-12-2012 01:43 PM

with 20+ shooting each weekend in cook co . it no wonder this was suggusted. but i have a better idea . if you're found to be involved any way shape or form in illegal activities and have a gun on you, it 20 years for the first offense . i think enforcement of the laws already on the books if made harsher would work better than all the gun buy back programs in the world.of course having a bunch of liberal *******-******* running the local gov't is part of the problem .... oh sorry my bad these are the same ******-******'s running the federal gov't . it's wild west days in chicago but sadly only the bangers have guns . honest folks don't stand a chance :(

winds-of-change 10-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guncollector (Post 974020)
with 20+ shooting each weekend in cook co . it no wonder this was suggusted. but i have a better idea . if you're found to be involved any way shape or form in illegal activities and have a gun on you, it 20 years for the first offense . i think enforcement of the laws already on the books if made harsher would work better than all the gun buy back programs in the world.of course having a bunch of liberal *******-******* running the local gov't is part of the problem .... oh sorry my bad these are the same ******-******'s running the federal gov't . it's wild west days in chicago but sadly only the bangers have guns . honest folks don't stand a chance :(

I wouldn't be surprised if this passed in Cook County at all. This makes me SO MAD. Thankfully, I live in DeKalb County but it still angers the heck out of me.

When are they going to see they are going in the wrong direction to stop the violence in Chicago? Guncollector, you are exactly right in your post. Just another law to tie the hands of the law abiding citizen and just another law the 'bangers' aren't going to follow. I simply cannot understand how the Cook County politicians can't see what the rest of the country already knows about guns. The stats tell it all but yet they don't get it.