Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

1453 fails in the house. 63y 47n, 71 was required to pass.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #12

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

It's still a bad bill...but it is what it is!

drudgereport.jpg  

Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #14
CGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
It's still a bad bill...but it is what it is!
It's certainly not good, but it's not bad either. Like you said it is what it is, and it's a great platform to build off of.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #15

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS

It's certainly not good, but it's not bad either. Like you said it is what it is, and it's a great platform to build off of.
wait and see what the democrats do to it over the next year

guaranteed it will be a complete and utter **** bill before the application process even begins

Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
CGS

Regardless of what bill we got, even it was 0997, that is exactly what the anti gunners will try to do.

Wait to see what we do to it. Why should we wait for them to try to make changes? Why should we play defense? We should immediately begin to have 2a friendly sponsors sponsor bills to improve all the things we don't like about the bill.

No more playing defense. No more sitting on the side lines waiting for the anti gunners to attack our rights. Put the anti's on the defense so they are so confused they don't have time to play offense.

-Thomas

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS
Regardless of what bill we got, even it was 0997, that is exactly what the anti gunners will try to do.

Wait to see what we do to it. Why should we wait for them to try to make changes? Why should we play defense? We should immediately begin to have 2a friendly sponsors sponsor bills to improve all the things we don't like about the bill.

No more playing defense. No more sitting on the side lines waiting for the anti gunners to attack our rights. Put the anti's on the defense so they are so confused they don't have time to play offense.
Good strategy.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have 2 questions.

Do I need a permit to buy a gun now? or do I only need a permit if I want to conceal carry?

What does this new conceal carry law mean exactly for us. I read the law, but I didn't understand it..

Thanks

Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #19
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Right now you can't do any CC.
You still need a FOID.
If you live in Chicago, you still need a Chicago Permit as well from what I understand.
There are no approved Illinois CCW classes yet, as ISP has not put the requirements out yet.
You'll need to take an ISP approved class, and that might not happen for 180 days. Then ISP has 90 days from when you fill out the CCW permit form to send you your pemit, which the form hasn't been developed yet.
So, you shall remain defenseless outside your home until sometime next Spring at this point.
In other words, nothings really changed from before the vote this week.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 07-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #20
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

It will more than likely fall to the hands of NRA Certified Instructors in a discipline called Basic Pistol.

Want to make some money over the next ten years, or more? Become an NRA Instructor.

If you have people skills, teaching skills, handgun skills, and have a good attitude, you should look into it. Many NRA instructors are pulling down more money in their weekend classes than they are their regular jobs.