Are things getting better here in IL?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Are things getting better here in IL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default Are things getting better here in IL?

We all know that Illinois has some of the worst gun control laws in the US, but are they getting better or worse. In the last couple weeks we have seen lib. law makers try to introduce two new laws, the registration garbage and now an ammo tax. Are these the last attempts by a desperate Dem party or are they going to get their way? Last time around CC missed by just a few votes, this time there might be enough to get it to pass (although our dictator...err Governor says he will veto). Just trying to get things going in this section.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Gotta love illinois still say they should just take everything north of I-80 and call it the state of chicago we'd have CC in two minutes. I don't see the registration garbage passing 50/50 on the ammo tax you know how illinois loves to tax ****. I hope CC passes though it'll get veto'd we can hope the veto gets overturned though doubtful. Wish i could make it to IGOLD on march 7th but i have to work. just keep hoping or move if u can

Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #3

HEY, I'm 2 miles north of I80, I don't want to be part of Chitcago! How about just Crook County.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Another vote for Cook county seceeding from the state of Illinois.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i'm kewl with just Crook county just figured that way they might not complain about not enough land. that or u can move ur house either way works. question for u guys how much of that 50 cent tax will go to the actual trauma centers?? My vote is 10 cents at the Most rest will line the pockets of our friendly politicans

Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #6

The main problem I see is that we are a silent majority, my brother is a great example. He is a hunter and a fisherman, but he really does not car about gun owners rights. Call him lazy or whatever, but it is people like him who need to take a stand, vote and be heard. 99% of the people I know do not feel the same way as the gun control people. So why is it they get to make the laws? Well because they are vocal and vote.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #7

Illinois is a Anti-Gun Blue State to it's core....

"A Well Regulated Militia Being Necessary
to the Security of a Free State
the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...
27 WORDS WORTH FIGHTING FOR !!!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999
i'm kewl with just Crook county just figured that way they might not complain about not enough land. that or u can move ur house either way works. question for u guys how much of that 50 cent tax will go to the actual trauma centers?? My vote is 10 cents at the Most rest will line the pockets of our friendly politicans
Exactly! They take almost all the money then say we need to tax this and that now because we r broke. Give me a break. The coats on they're back cost more than all my assets put together. Pussies.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward14 View Post
Illinois is a Anti-Gun Blue State to it's core....
No just Chicago and cook county. Look at the voting results and listen to what politicians from down state are saying. Most of the state voted red last time, but the Dems know how to get the minority votes.