Teen from Chicago Complies with Armed Robber's Demands, Shot Anyways
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Teen from Chicago Complies with Armed Robber's Demands, Shot Anyways

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Teen from Chicago Complies with Armed Robber's Demands, Shot Anyways

It's a sad thing that this happened. And we know that the teen would not have been able to carry a concealed firearm, but if this is not the perfect example of why compliance with a criminal. Time and time again documented evidence compliance with the criminals is not always the best solution.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-lawn-shooting-20140116,0,2159364.story

By the way you may sign up for a FREE account with the tribune in order to read the article, most people think you have to pay. I won't copy and paste the entire article, but here are some tid bits to spark your interest.

Teen shot after handing over cell phone to armed robber

Kevin Baker and his cousin had just handed over their cell phones to the robbers when one of them had a question for the 19-year-old: What gang was he rolling with?

Baker was struck in the head and the abdomen, Butler said. A woman who was walking about half a block away called 911 and Baker was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.

Baker had just finished classes at Harold Washington College, where he was studying to become a veterinarian. His cousin was coming back from DePaul University, according to Butler.

Sounds like this was actually a good kid, wrong place wrong time. Sad.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2722 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

CGS,

You are absolutely right! It is a shame that many good and innocent kids who live in those areas and other areas die at the whims of the Bangers or Dirtballs all too often. And when we catch the B******s the court system does not give them what they justly deserve. I am all for the death penalty expediently in these cases, instead of 10 year of appeals and us footing the bill and feeding these worthless pieces of _________ in the meantime! Or feeding them and housing them for the next 50 years of their life, wasting our tax dollars and wasting good air! Insensative to their precious civil rights? You bet I am! They deserve NONE!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Cutlass327 Likes This 
Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

TExt removed. Copyright issues

Please don't link the full article.

Posting parts is fair use if you include a link to the source.

JonM

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by JonM; 01-20-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: see above

Old 01-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #4
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I didn't post the entire article due to copyright issues, thanks Shade

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
I didn't post the entire article due to copyright issues, thanks Shade
Not really an issue:
1) First we got the copy for free.
2) Second I gave the reporter and the Tribune credit.

So we are all good.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5985 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Not really an issue:
1) First we got the copy for free.
2) Second I gave the reporter and the Tribune credit.

So we are all good.
you can't post the entire article only a portion and links to original article must be present.

Forum rules

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Forum rules
Oh my, bless your heart.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5985 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Oh my, bless your heart.
That southern smarmy saying don't fly I grew up in tejas

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...