So, how does it feel to be the minority? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

So, how does it feel to be the minority?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward14 View Post
-To All Illinois Fire-Arms Owners-
If this House Bill passes and Emanuel gets his way, any Illinois resident that owns handguns and doesn't comply, they will become a Class 2 Felon. Illinois already makes all residents get a FOID card before they can even buy any Fire-Arms(Only State that does)also Illinois Does Not permit any resident to Carry & Conseal(Only State that doesn't)Illinois is a Anti-Gun Blue State to it's Core....Read it for yourself...http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/02/illinois-statewide-handgun-registry-and-ammunition-tax-bills-filed-in-the-house.aspx
Not true...MI also has the unconstitutional registration system known as FOID!

Indiana is a free state...and gun friendly!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #12

When will the government realize gun laws only keep law abiding citizens from owning firearms. S.m.h.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #13

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

This state is so backwards. Business is moving out of state and taking jobs with them. Cat has its world headquarters in Peoria and won't commit to further expansion in Illinois due to a negative business climate. Quinn is a gigantic mistake in everything he touchs. He has been no friend to education. Our last two governors are felons. Illinois has the worst credit rating of any of the 50 states and it costs taxpayers more for the interest on the loans.

We need to split Chicago off and replace the majority of our elected officials.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #14

Wish we could split from chicago!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #15

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I agree completely with the sentiments in the OP. But as of the last few months, i've started taking a different approach.

Every single person in this thread is obviously passionate about gun ownership and the second amendment (Why else would we be here?)

But we have to realize that there are people in our state that have the same passion and fervent desires we do, but their aims are to TAKE AWAY our right to protect ourselves.

What's the difference between us & them? They're expressing it publicly and in the polls! Proof? Illinois keeps electing CRIMINALS like Quinn and Rahm.

Fact: The opinions of people like Quinn are absolutely in the minority of this state. Most people of Illinois are pro-second amendment and pro-concealed carry (even though CCPs are actually AGAINST the spirit of the 2nd amendment!) but we shoot ourselves in the foot because, in my opinion, we are NOT DOING ENOUGH!

it's time to take our activism beyond the comfortable borders of a forum of people that agree with us. It's time to take our opinions that we have a RIGHT to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT for *NO OTHER REASON* than because WE CAN.

Always when having these discussions, we are forced to give reasons WHY we should be allowed to exercise our RIGHT to own a firearm: "Protection" "Sportsmanship" "Hunting" etc...

Do people need to give an excuse for making fun of The President? NO!

Do people need to give an excuse for wanting to exercise their right to speak their mind? NO!

So why in the hell do we have to give an excuse to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT right to own as many firearms as our wives will allow us to have?!

Ted Nugent put it better than anyone when he said that if every gun owner in Illinois would get on board with the cause, and not be a weekend warrior about it - Illinois would have Concealed Carry in 12 months.

This is our time to shine. This is not some pathetic call to action. This is a plea to join together and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW - even if you think they aren't listening!

I blast my Facebook wall every day with Gun Facts, I email representatives and senators, I call them CONSTANTLY to voice my opinions, I speak in public places where people will allow me, and I NEVER shut up about it, and once it comes time to vote for a new Governor, i'll really be ablaze with political rhetoric. Show everyone the truth.

The *ONLY* way someone like Quinn is going to win is if *WE* allow him to. We can pass the buck and "blame it on Chicago" all we want. The fact is, not everyone in Chicago likes Quinn, but those who like Quinn like him enough to get their asses to the polls, and get their friends asses to the polls, and they make their vote COUNT.

It's time we do the same thing.

No more excuses. Replace him at ALL COSTS and elect ANYONE who says they are pro-second amendment.

Illinois needs a change damnit, and we need to be the ones to usher in that change!!

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-20-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #16

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 5

FOID does nothing to prevent criminals from having firearms; just the hard-working, law-abiding citizens.

Last edited by krisko09; 02-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.