Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > So, how does it feel to be the minority?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default So, how does it feel to be the minority?

The one out of 50 states with no concealed option? I'm from IL too. Now not only is Quinn talking about vetoing any concealed bill that comes up, he also supports (in principle) Rahm's desire to make a state wide registration that will basically tax you $65 per firearm and make you renew it again it every 5 years.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/10541702-418/rahm-emanuel-proposes-65-per-gun-fee-and-registry.html

Google "Rahm Gun Registration" for many more articles.

Make sure your representative knows how you feel about this.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #2

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

and thats why we need a change , we need term limits to keep people like them from controlling the public and making their lifetime job a living hell for the rest of us IL folks

Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #3

Now how will the fool voto bill 148 in it passed with a veto proof major??

Old 02-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #4

This is unbelievable, if it's not one thing it's another when it comes to firearms in this state. The concealed carry laws here suck, but I'm a police officer and can carry anyway. With that said, I've still considered moving because of our gun laws and the constant attack on them.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howards View Post
Now how will the fool voto bill 148 in it passed with a veto proof major??
He won't, but have they got the numbers yet? Last I heard they had a majority, but not a veto proof level yet.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrtu9 View Post
This is unbelievable, if it's not one thing it's another when it comes to firearms in this state. The concealed carry laws here suck, but I'm a police officer and can carry anyway. With that said, I've still considered moving because of our gun laws and the constant attack on them.
Well that's nice to be considerate for us who don't have a special status to carry. Considering moving too.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Dont feel bad folks.

At least the state isnt passing feel good laws that mean NOTHING in real life.

look at CA CCW law...you can carry....as long as the gun is UNloaded! (What a F**KING joke!)

There are other states that have CCW but its so restrictive as to be utterly useless. Hawaii and New Yuck come to mind i'm sure there are others.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #8

Default Emanuel's House Bill

-To All Illinois Fire-Arms Owners-
If this House Bill passes and Emanuel gets his way, any Illinois resident that owns handguns and doesn't comply, they will become a Class 2 Felon. Illinois already makes all residents get a FOID card before they can even buy any Fire-Arms(Only State that does)also Illinois Does Not permit any resident to Carry & Conseal(Only State that doesn't)Illinois is a Anti-Gun Blue State to it's Core....Read it for yourself...http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/02/illinois-statewide-handgun-registry-and-ammunition-tax-bills-filed-in-the-house.aspx

"A Well Regulated Militia Being Necessary
to the Security of a Free State
the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...
27 WORDS WORTH FIGHTING FOR !!!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #9

Come to TX. Problem solved.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Come to Alabama, Texas has too many gun laws. In Texas you have to know how to use a gun to get a CCW. In Alabama if you don't have a criminal record and have $20 you are a certified CCW tootin' fool. The sheriff in my county told my neighbor (after her life was threatened) to shoot him until he is dead. He only wants to hear one story. I loaned her my .357 mag until she bought her own gun.