Republican Primary for Governor.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Republican Primary for Governor.

View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for, for Governor, in next weeks Primary Election?
Bill Brady 0 0%
Kirk Dillard 2 22.22%
Bruce Rauner 5 55.56%
Dan Rutherford 0 0%
I will be voting in the Democrat Primary 0 0%
I will not be voting 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default Republican Primary for Governor.

We have the election next week I was wondering who you will all be voting for.

Bill Brady
Kirk Dillard
Bruce Rauner
Dan Rutherford

I will be voting for Rauner, even though the ISRA has endorsed Dillard.

For one I like Rauner's platform particularly working for smaller gov't and term limits. He is also pro-gun. We have much bigger issues here in IL than gun rights. We are the most in debt state per capita, by a significant margin.

Also Rauner is not a career politician. And lastly, both the career politician both Republicans and Democrats are afraid of him. That tells me a lot.

What are your thoughts.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Bluestar99 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 679 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 419

I am not in Illinois, I live in Missouri, but I hope like hell Rauner gets it. Illinois needs a tough REP

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 853 Times on 616 Posts
Likes Given: 249

My lovely wife and I voted early. For Rauner.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Isn't he the demorat turned republican?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

People Like This 
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #5

Liked 70 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Rauner is the only one with a chance to beat Quinn. The other 3 have been around to long and can't will. I was talking to one of our State Senators about this. He backs Rauner. Says the other 3 are nice guys, but don't have what it takes to make the changes we need in Illinois.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Here is what I do NOT like about Rauner, he claims to be a regular guy but is a multi millionaire. I don't care that he is wealthy, I am absolutely fine with that, but don't pretend to be broke like me. I also do not like the fact that he has donated millions of dollars to democratic candidates. Ok I am sure he needed to do that to get various permit or zoning approvals but it is hypocritical to me. I can not vote for him and refuse to vote for any candidate because that candidate is the lesser of two evils.

See right there what bluestar said, rauner is the only one with a chance to beat quinn. I say false! That's ONLY true because people say it. I mean if everyone voted their heart rather than the lesser of two evils then the real candidate may actually have chance.

I am undecided, but I know it will NOT be Quinn nor will it be Rauner.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Mack Bolan Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Here is what I do NOT like about Rauner, he claims to be a regular guy but is a multi millionaire. I don't care that he is wealthy, I am absolutely fine with that, but don't pretend to be broke like me. I also do not like the fact that he has donated millions of dollars to democratic candidates. Ok I am sure he needed to do that to get various permit or zoning approvals but it is hypocritical to me. I can not vote for him and refuse to vote for any candidate because that candidate is the lesser of two evils.

See right there what bluestar said, rauner is the only one with a chance to beat quinn. I say false! That's ONLY true because people say it. I mean if everyone voted their heart rather than the lesser of two evils then the real candidate may actually have chance.

Most businesses donate to both candidates, simply hedging bets. I do have
to disagree with you; I too think that Rauner is the only one with a chance to
beat Quinn. And you do have to agree we have to replace Quinn.

But that is why we have elections, and not simply opinion polls...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #8

Likes Given: 22

Sound like you do NOT have a big choice D TO P could be bad?

Old 03-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #9

Liked 70 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post

I understand that Rauner has some problems. But the fact is he has already made his money. He's not running for the perks of making money for himself as Gov. Just take a look at how many career politicians come into office broke and leave multi millionaires. Also, you do not make money as a business man in Chicago without supporting the Democratic machine candidates. If you want to play in that game you have to hold your nose and donate to them. Doesn't mean you agree with the guy. You say, "If everyone voted their heart", well that's what got us where we are. This state needs help NOW. I say I would rather have 75% of what I want from a candidate that can win then 100% of one that can't. Remember the other 3 guys are career guys that have never been able to punch trough to the top job. What makes you think they will now?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I didn't say the others guys were worthy of my vote either. I said I am undecided.

However what I have decided on, is I would rather vote for a candidate I know won't win because I know the candidate is the right person for the job, than vote for someone who has a chance but I think that someone is an a-hole. I will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils any more.

Voting for your heart is exactly what has NOT happened in this state which is why we are in the condition we are in. Voting for the lesser of the two evils is exactly why this state is borderline ready to file bankruptcy. If you think that voting for your heart is what has been going on, you do not understand what I mean by the comment.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com