Places to shoot in or near Cook County - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

Places to shoot in or near Cook County

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Watch out at maxxons. I've heard of people getting robbed as they come out for their firearms..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Originally Posted by ralphmtz_94 View Post
I have an AR15 and prefer to shoot bottleneck ammo. A lot of the shooting ranges only allow straight wall. Anyone know of any indoor shooting range where i can shoot bottleneck? I do not mind shooting outdoors but sometimes with the weather I would like to shoot indoors. Preferably in or near the Leyden Township area.
I generally will only function check an AR indoors when I have built up a new one or need to site in a red dot or something. Then I take it outdoors for some practice. Generally speaking I do my indoor shooting at Maxons in Desplaines, and will go to Bristol in WI for shooting up to 200 yars. McMillers in Eagle WI has up to 300 yards but is a drive.

There really is no good place to shoot rifle IN Cook county that I know of, no matter where you want to go, Racine WI, Aurora Sportsman, ISRA, it's going to be a DRIVE from cRook county.

I know Maxons has been broken into a few times but have never ever heard of anyone getting robbed for their guns outside the store.