Ordering ar15 lower, where to send it?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Ordering ar15 lower, where to send it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Ordering ar15 lower, where to send it?

Im going to order an ar15 lower this weekend but my dad and I have never done this before, we called jrs in aurora they said they dont do transfers. Does cabellas do transfers? Gat guns? can anyone help me out? Thanks

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Im going to order an ar15 lower this weekend but my dad and I have never done this before, we called jrs in aurora they said they dont do transfers. Does cabellas do transfers? Gat guns? can anyone help me out? Thanks
are you 21? if not you can't personally order any lower.

first you need to find an FFL that will do the transfer. their licence has to be on record with the company you are ordering the lower from, before they will even ship it.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7468 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15371

Pawn shops will usually do it for twenty bucks or so.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9170 Times on 3959 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

You must be 21 to buy a lower that is more than 80%. To find a FFL that will receive it for you, go to gunbroker.com

On their home page, left side, below the green bar that says "areas of interest" is "Find a FFL" Those are FFLS that have registered with gunbroker as being willing to do transfers. Plug in your zip code, will pull up closest ones. They will need to contact shipper and give them their FFL number. When they recieve it, you go do the same paperwork as if you were buying it from them.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Yes, Gat will do them, as will OnTarget in Crystal Lake. Not sure where you live, but you could call Midwest Guns in Lyons, Article II in Lombard, MegaSports in Plainfield.

Give whichever is closest a call to confirm (or find a store closer to you). You'll need to have the fax or email address to where they need to provide their FFL before the transfer.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #6

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 240

My experience with GATS is that they dont do transfers for items or firearm makes and models they sell in the store, at least that is what the guy on the phone told me when i called to find out regarding a gunbroker purchase of a sig p226. I'm pretty sure they sell ar15 lower receivers too...so its best to call and confirm.

you can also attend a nearby gunshow and likely find a handful of independent FFL's that would do the transfer for you for a small fee.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
My experience with GATS is that they dont do transfers for items or firearm makes and models they sell in the store, at least that is what the guy on the phone told me when i called to find out regarding a gunbroker purchase of a sig p226. I'm pretty sure they sell ar15 lower receivers too...so its best to call and confirm.
Good to know. I've only worked with OnTarget as they have been very easy to deal with. Gat seems to blow hot and cold on everything - just depends upon who you get to help you when you're there or over the phone. Sometimes great service. Sometimes not so much.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #8

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

My dad is purchasing the lower not me. Thanks for the replies, joeboboutfitters has polymer lowers for 70$ I know its expensive but who knows when prices will go down.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #9

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
My dad is purchasing the lower not me. Thanks for the replies, joeboboutfitters has polymer lowers for 70$ I know its expensive but who knows when prices will go down.
prices will go down when airforce one crashes into the camp david golf course green where joe biden is with all his gun grabbing democratic rep's and senators hosting a best putz, i mean putts contest.