Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Ordering ar15 lower, where to send it? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/ordering-ar15-lower-where-send-89731/)

beastmode986 04-28-2013 06:15 PM

Ordering ar15 lower, where to send it?
 
Im going to order an ar15 lower this weekend but my dad and I have never done this before, we called jrs in aurora they said they dont do transfers. Does cabellas do transfers? Gat guns? can anyone help me out? Thanks

Axxe55 04-28-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 1230158)
Im going to order an ar15 lower this weekend but my dad and I have never done this before, we called jrs in aurora they said they dont do transfers. Does cabellas do transfers? Gat guns? can anyone help me out? Thanks

are you 21? if not you can't personally order any lower.

first you need to find an FFL that will do the transfer. their licence has to be on record with the company you are ordering the lower from, before they will even ship it.

MisterMcCool 04-28-2013 06:59 PM

Pawn shops will usually do it for twenty bucks or so.

c3shooter 04-28-2013 08:59 PM

You must be 21 to buy a lower that is more than 80%. To find a FFL that will receive it for you, go to gunbroker.com

On their home page, left side, below the green bar that says "areas of interest" is "Find a FFL" Those are FFLS that have registered with gunbroker as being willing to do transfers. Plug in your zip code, will pull up closest ones. They will need to contact shipper and give them their FFL number. When they recieve it, you go do the same paperwork as if you were buying it from them.

KJG67 04-29-2013 04:31 AM

Yes, Gat will do them, as will OnTarget in Crystal Lake. Not sure where you live, but you could call Midwest Guns in Lyons, Article II in Lombard, MegaSports in Plainfield.

Give whichever is closest a call to confirm (or find a store closer to you). You'll need to have the fax or email address to where they need to provide their FFL before the transfer.

Mack Bolan 04-29-2013 10:27 PM

My experience with GATS is that they dont do transfers for items or firearm makes and models they sell in the store, at least that is what the guy on the phone told me when i called to find out regarding a gunbroker purchase of a sig p226. I'm pretty sure they sell ar15 lower receivers too...so its best to call and confirm.

you can also attend a nearby gunshow and likely find a handful of independent FFL's that would do the transfer for you for a small fee.

KJG67 04-29-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Bolan (Post 1231350)
My experience with GATS is that they dont do transfers for items or firearm makes and models they sell in the store, at least that is what the guy on the phone told me when i called to find out regarding a gunbroker purchase of a sig p226. I'm pretty sure they sell ar15 lower receivers too...so its best to call and confirm.

Good to know. I've only worked with OnTarget as they have been very easy to deal with. Gat seems to blow hot and cold on everything - just depends upon who you get to help you when you're there or over the phone. Sometimes great service. Sometimes not so much.

beastmode986 04-30-2013 04:37 PM

My dad is purchasing the lower not me. Thanks for the replies, joeboboutfitters has polymer lowers for 70$ I know its expensive but who knows when prices will go down.

Mack Bolan 04-30-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 1232052)
My dad is purchasing the lower not me. Thanks for the replies, joeboboutfitters has polymer lowers for 70$ I know its expensive but who knows when prices will go down.

prices will go down when airforce one crashes into the camp david golf course green where joe biden is with all his gun grabbing democratic rep's and senators hosting a best putz, i mean putts contest.:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.