Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Open carry

Today, when I left the house it was 46 degrees...a little cool for September in Missouri...but still a perfect day. This cool weather actually had me dressing in long pants, (bib overalls) with a flannel shirt....actually a perfect combination to OWB carry, with a discrete cover. Now I can open carry here in Missouri, but I had to go to a resort and didn't want any of these out of towners freaking out if they saw my S&W.
I do hope you guys in IL get to enjoy carry sooner or later. Unfortunately, knowing Illinois, it will probably be later.....much later.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

MisterMcCool Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #2

Liked 203 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 40

There is an appeal going before the judge on Oct 3, if I recall, that may speed things along. Stay tuned.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yes I know oral arguments are being heard today. Not sure of all the meat and cheese but was reading some postings by ToddV and he is optimistic, but he's usually optimistic.

As of right now training has begun as of Monday Sept 30th 2013. However applications will not be available until January 5th 2104. I can tell you right now there is going to be a truck load of next day mail applications hitting the Springfield post office January 6th. And the state has 60-90 days to approve or deny applications. We probably won't see any permits being issued until March 2014.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 10-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #4

Liked 203 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I haven't seen the court's opinion yet, but the audio I heard of Judge Posner yesterday leads me to believe nothing will be changing anytime soon. He just didn't seem to believe that FOID carry without "training" was acceptable. I'm not sure there won't be a day in the near future in Illinois when you will have to apply for a permit just to cross over into another state.