New anti gun Bill introduced
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > New anti gun Bill introduced

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 71 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default New anti gun Bill introduced

State Senator Dan Kotowski has introduced SB3659 ....

Bill Status of SB3659 98th General Assembly
Full Text Votes View All Actions Printer-Friendly Version

Short Description: CRIM CD - ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

Senate Sponsors
Sen. Dan Kotowski

Last Action
Date Chamber Action
5/13/2014 Senate Referred to Assignments

Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance
430 ILCS 65/3 from Ch. 38, par. 83-3
720 ILCS 5/24-1.9 new
720 ILCS 5/24-1.10 new

Synopsis As Introduced
Provides the Act may be known as the Illinois Public Safety Act. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act to require background checks for the transfer of firearms, except to a family member, by operation of law, or at a gun show. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Bans possession, delivery, sale, and purchase of assault weapons, attachments, and .50 caliber rifles and cartridges, except possession of weapons registered in time provided. Provides exemptions. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly deliver, sell, or transfer, or cause to be delivered, sold, or transferred, a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Defines "large capacity ammunition feeding device". Establishes penalties. Exempts sales and transfers to an heir, an individual residing in another state, or a licensed federal firearms dealer. Provides other exemptions. Provides that a retired peace officer may possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device, if lawfully acquired and possessed prior to retirement and a registration affidavit is filed.

My email to him....If he answers I will post his reply. I urge everyone to email him...

Mr Kotowski,

I just became aware of your Bill SB3659. My question for you is why are you sponsoring this bill?
I am a hardworking, tax paying man with no criminal record of any kind. Why do you want to punish me and take away my second amendment rights? I have broken no laws and live a peaceful life. Laws like you propose only hurt people like me. Criminals and gang bangers will continue to feed on all of us whether this law passes or not. Guns are not the problem. There are plenty of gun laws already on the books now. We have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, with one of the highest gun crimes statistics to match. Why is that? If more gun regulations make us safer we should have the lowest crime rate. I urge you to focus your energy on stricter enforcement of the laws we already have, and leave the ever shrinking base of taxpayers like me alone.

Thank you for your time......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #2

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 106

and the reason you cant pull a Colorado on these people is????

Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 850 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 505

Your leaders in Illinois are ate up like a soup sandwich. The state of Illinois is ruining Its people with all the twisted liberal veiws and laws they write. I doubt you get a answer Back and if you do it won't be what you want to hear.

The State Reps need to clean their own back yard up and quit throwing rocks at the glass house. until they do you and your neighbors won't have any rights.

Its sad, I can remember years ago Illinois use to be a good state and treat their people right, Now it is corrupt with lying dems that have broke it down Morally and Financially

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Liked 2054 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Your state gave us Obama and Rod Blagojevich. A blatantly and often openly corrupt political mess.

Expecting something worthwhile to come out of Illinois' legislative bodies is akin to waiting for Obama to apologize for the Affordable Healthcare Act. In other words - when the temperature in hell is -32 F

Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 850 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Your state gave us Obama and Rod Blagojevich. A blatantly and often openly corrupt political mess.

Expecting something worthwhile to come out of Illinois' legislative bodies is akin to waiting for Obama to apologize for the Affordable Healthcare Act. In other words - when the temperature in hell is -32 F

when hell freezes over, yeah your about right on that.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 AM   #6

I don't disagree with you guys. This state has nothing to offer people anymore. We are really a conservative state if Chicago was removed. All of our problems are connected to the city. But since the first Mayor Daley they have created a tight knit, patronage system, that just keeps bringing in the vote. The rest of the state can't crack through.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #7

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar99 View Post
I don't disagree with you guys. This state has nothing to offer people anymore. We are really a conservative state if Chicago was removed. All of our problems are connected to the city. But since the first Mayor Daley they have created a tight knit, patronage system, that just keeps bringing in the vote. The rest of the state can't crack through.
Perhaps it's time for Illinois to consider "other" options?

Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
and the reason you cant pull a Colorado on these people is????
Can not be done in Illinois. Our crooked politicians are smarter than the crooked colorado politicians.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 05-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
It's the #2 state in the country people are fleeing, and the #1 state in the country of people who live here who want to flee. After years of pressure my wife is finally starting to come around to the idea of maybe moving out of state, but it'll take 2 years more before that's even a remote possibility.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #10

Quote:
State Senator Dan Kotowski has introduced SB3659 ....

Bill Status of SB3659 98th General Assembly
Full Text Votes View All Actions Printer-Friendly Version

Short Description: CRIM CD - ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

Senate Sponsors
Sen. Dan Kotowski

Last Action
Date Chamber Action
5/13/2014 Senate Referred to Assignments

Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance
430 ILCS 65/3 from Ch. 38, par. 83-3
720 ILCS 5/24-1.9 new
720 ILCS 5/24-1.10 new

Synopsis As Introduced
Provides the Act may be known as the Illinois Public Safety Act. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act to require background checks for the transfer of firearms, except to a family member, by operation of law, or at a gun show. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Bans possession, delivery, sale, and purchase of assault weapons, attachments, and .50 caliber rifles and cartridges, except possession of weapons registered in time provided. Provides exemptions. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly deliver, sell, or transfer, or cause to be delivered, sold, or transferred, a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Defines "large capacity ammunition feeding device". Establishes penalties. Exempts sales and transfers to an heir, an individual residing in another state, or a licensed federal firearms dealer. Provides other exemptions. Provides that a retired peace officer may possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device, if lawfully acquired and possessed prior to retirement and a registration affidavit is filed.

My email to him....If he answers I will post his reply. I urge everyone to email him...

Mr Kotowski,

I just became aware of your Bill SB3659. My question for you is why are you sponsoring this bill?
I am a hardworking, tax paying man with no criminal record of any kind. Why do you want to punish me and take away my second amendment rights? I have broken no laws and live a peaceful life. Laws like you propose only hurt people like me. Criminals and gang bangers will continue to feed on all of us whether this law passes or not. Guns are not the problem. There are plenty of gun laws already on the books now. We have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, with one of the highest gun crimes statistics to match. Why is that? If more gun regulations make us safer we should have the lowest crime rate. I urge you to focus your energy on stricter enforcement of the laws we already have, and leave the ever shrinking base of taxpayers like me alone.

Thank you for your time......

Here is his worthless reply. I give him credit for at least a form letter response versus his colleague that did not even reply to my 2 emails.

Dear Steve ,

Thank you for contacting my office in opposition to SB 3639.

As your state senator, I’m dedicated to representing the best interests of the people of the 28th District and encourage your continued interest on matters that come before the General Assembly.

I believe good government begins with open communication, so I encourage you to visit my website, Facebook Page and/or Twitter for updates about legislation that will affect our community.

Once again thank you for contacting my office and as always, if I can ever be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Signature
Senator Dan Kotowski
28th District – Illinois

District Office:
350 S. Northwest Hwy., Suite 300
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Office: (847) 656-5414
Fax: (847) 656-5201

Capitol Office:
M118 Capitol Building
Springfield, IL 62706