more garbage , wth is this crap - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

INFORMATIONAL ALERT - What's in the CCW Bill?

The concealed carry bill, HB0183 (as amended), which passed through the Senate and House by overwhelming majority, is now waiting for Governor Quinn's signature. Please keep in mind that the Governor has not signed the bill, it is not yet law. He still may Veto the bill, or he may use an Amendatory Veto. Since no one knows what the Governor will do, the synopsis of the bill will not be valid if the Governor vetoes it or uses an Amendatory Veto. Many of you have been asking what the bill contains - below is a brief outline. This synopsis of HB1083 is not legal advice.

Regulations:
One statewide shall-issue licensing standard.
With regard to concealed carry licenses, preempts local authority of governments to regulate handguns and ammunition for handguns, including licensing, registration, and transportation.
With regard to FOID card holders, preempts local governments from regulating the transportation of all firearms and ammunition.
Not preempted are AWB enacted prior to or within 10 days of the enactment of this legislation - after that date, new AWBs would be preempted. Local governments could still regulate rifles and shotguns, but not handguns.
Grants "safe haven" protection for people carrying concealed while in their vehicle even in prohibited areas.
Upon exit from their vehicle, the firearm must be locked in their vehicle. If they wish to lock their firearm in their trunk, it must be unloaded before exiting the vehicle.
License to be issued by the Illinois State Police.
$150.00 fee for 5 years.
Requires 16 hours of training, including range time. Up to 8 hours of credit will be recognized for those who had hunter safety, was honorably discharged from the military, or had other CCW training. At this time, states with shorter training time, such as Utah, may only be credited 4 hours. The administrative rules of what the allowances will be, have not yet been determined.
Private property owners can post their property prohibiting concealed carry. "Safe haven" still applies to their parking lots.
Restaurants with 50% or more of their receipts from food, but still serving alcohol, are legal to carry in, but are still subject to private property posting by the owners or operators.
Law enforcement may object to a person they believe to be a "clear and present danger" to themselves or others. Applicants can appeal that decision to the Concealed Carry Licensing Board.
The State Police have 180 days from the effective date of this bill to be set up to begin processing applications.
Within 60 days of the effective date of this bill, the Illinois State Police shall begin approval of firearm training courses and instructors.
There is no reciprocity, but "safe haven" applies to out of state concealed carry permit holders.
Prohibited Places: remember that "safe haven" applies to most of these places:

Property under control of an elementary or secondary school
Pre-school or child care facilities
Property under control of an officer of the legislative or executive branch of government, except DNR regulated areas where firearms are allowed
Courthouses
Libraries
Airports
Gaming facilities
Stadiums, arenas, sporting events
Amusement parks
Museums and zoos
Buildings under the control of local government
Jails and detention facilities
Hospitals and mental health facilities
Mass public transportation
Bars
Public gatherings, but walk through is allowed to get to your home, place of business, or vehicle
Places that have special event liquor licenses
Any public park, with an exception for walking or bicycle trails, if only a portion of the trail goes through the park. The walkers and bicyclists must stay on the trail
Colleges and universities and property under their control; they may develop their own rules
Any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law
Nuclear facilities ("safe haven" for the parking area does NOT apply)
The United States District Court has extended the June 8th, 2013 deadline for a concealed carry law to July 8th, 2013. Although I think the Governor will take action before that date, we just will have to wait and see what that action is going to be.

Richard A Pearson
Executive Director

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #82
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3193 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 3074

Quote:
Law enforcement may object to a person they believe to be a "clear and present danger" to themselves or others. Applicants can appeal that decision to the Concealed Carry Licensing Board.

There is no reciprocity, but "safe haven" applies to out of state concealed carry permit holders.
Just to clarify, Law enforcement may object TO ISSUING A CCP to a person...

Also, I think they do allow for non-resident application for CCP with states having similar qualification requirements. But, as you said, not actual reciprocity of recognizing their permits.

Edit: The prohibition on carry on mass public transportation should (we hope) be challenged very early. The cost is pretty high as well with the extended training requirement. Hopefully that will also be challenged.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Balota; 06-14-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #83

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

And now towns are lining up to pass AWB within the 10 say period.
This is what we get when we "settle" for a bill.
We'll have to fight the fight in dozens of towns now to keep our evil black rifles.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Yeah it's becoming anarchy here. Multiple county DAs are telling Springfield to shove it and allowing CCW now (ie. they won't prosecute) although the State police will still arrest you if caught.

At least three or four cities in the Chicago collar counties that I'm aware if are looking at the AWB due to the 10 day loophole and Quinn's inaction (imagine that). But surprisingly if he was hoping for a lot of AWBs to suddenly get passed, he's not getting his wish. That should tell him something.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #85

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Although some "form" of CCW will be passed by July 10, I suspect it won't resemble any other states bill when it comes to actually providing gun owners the right to carry. I also suspect that the law as passed will be so restrictive it will wind up in court again, get enough attention to be repealed and the process will start over again. Illinois being what it is, I doubt anyone will be carrying legally within 5 years. And I truly hope I am worng, but as a former resident of Illinois for over 50 years, I know how they grind to a halt when anyone expects something accomplished....unless it's raising taxes and raising government employees wages. If the NRA was represented by a union, the law would have been passed 50 years ago.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #86

Liked 370 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 70

There are plenty of good guys waiting in the corners for the bill to get signed. After that the chiseling, shaping and lawsuits over the crap in the bill can get started.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #87

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts

Illinois will find a way to F*CK the law abiding citizens in some way on this bill!!! I hate that I have to work in this crap a$$ state, but VERY happy that I live in Indiana!!!!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #88

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts

Maybe the Illinois Government should watch the news more since they report on this sh!t!!!

image-4222633995.jpg

Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Guess I spoke too soon. Most of these are in Lake County (yeah me ).

From ISRA tonight:

UPDATED ALERT MORE VILLAGE BOARD MEETINGS with Municipal Gun Regulations on the Agenda - Monday, Tuesday

Is your town trying to pass a so-called "Assault Weapon" Ban?
After the passage of IL HB-183 (amended to be CCW) through both houses of the Illinois Legislature, Rep Drury and Lt. Gov Sheila Simon have issued statements urging the passage of local firearms bans during a window of time provided for in the bill.
Simon and Drury are promoting bans on semi-automatic firearms that you own under the guise of "Assault Weapons". This would likely include popular sporting and defensive firearms like the AR-15, and standard-capacity magazines for all kinds of handguns and rifles. Law-abiding gun owners could face confiscation of their firearms or criminal prosecution.

UPDATED: At this time, Deerfield, Buffalo Grove, Skokie and Lake Forest appear to be considering new local ordinances at their next meeting on Monday. Also, Oswego and Mettewa are considering new local ordinances at their next meeting on Tuesday. It is important that residents be there at these meetings to voice their opposition by addressing the board. If you live in either of these communities area, please go to that meeting. Be sure to arrive early to ensure that you gain entrance to the meeting.

For meeting times, talking points against semi-auto bans, copies of proposed ordinances, links to other resources; please visit http://isra.org/townhall .

Please forward this alert to your mailing list and post it on your favorite forum.

UPDATED: Please be aware of what's going on in your community. If your town was not listed here, please contact your local city government and inquire about the next council meeting and the latest agenda. If you hear of more local attempts to pass an "Assault Weapon Ban" in another community, please contact the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 or send an email to the ISRA Hotline (hotline@isra.org) and pass along the info. Alert member have helped ISRA to keep you informed

UPDATED: Are you a veteran of our armed forces? Your oath and your prior service to our country gives you a unique vantage point to speak from. Please attend your local meeting and provide feedback to the local officials.

What: Waukegan City Board Meeting - Agenda
Where: City Hall, 100 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
When: Monday, June 17, 7:00 pm

What: Deerfield Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield
When: Monday, June 17, 7:30 pm

What: Buffalo Grove Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf) - see page 11-C
Where: Village Hall, 50 Raupp Boulevard, Buffalo Grove

What: Lake Forest Village Board Meeting - Agenda (local download from ISRA)
Where: 220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest

What: Skokie Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie
When: Monday, June 17, 8:00 pm

What: Oswego Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill
When: Tuesday, June 18, 7:00 pm

What: Mettewa Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 26225 N. Riverwoods Blvd
When: Tuesday, June 18, 7:30 pm

Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #90

Liked 370 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 70

It would be a great service to the people of Illinois for the media to begin reporting the number of perps of gun violence who were FOID carriers.