more garbage , wth is this crap - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Southern Illinois has a completely different mentality than the North of I80 crowd. Not to say everyone above Bloomington on a map are challenged; there are a lot of folks up there upset about their rights being denied.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #72

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Let me apologize to those living in southern IL. Unfortunately the good people living there are the victims of Illinois politics. My comments are directed at the "Chicago machine" which unfortunately bleeds over into Springfield politics. It's a shame that the entire state has to pay for the reputation and current situation which Chicago has to endure. The good citizens out of the reach of Chicago politics deserve much better.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #73
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-carry-20130607,0,6146698.story

Trib's getting bashed in the comments for this idiotic Editorial.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #74

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
The Illinois concealed carry permit cost $150.
Why so high? Here it's $100 and that's too high. Why not the same as a basic Class 'D' Drivers License??? $23.25

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Why so high? Here it's $100 and that's too high. Why not the same as a basic Class 'D' Drivers License??? $23.25
$23.25? You've been drinking tonight, haven't you? Or maybe too much of that fresh, unspoiled air up in MN.

Well, we can't have everyone running around with guns now can we? Especially those that live in the poorer neighborhoods where violence occurs most. And for you tourists, it'll cost you $300. Need to keep the armed riff-raff out.

Heck if the General Assembly really had their way, it would have been $500 for residents. Gotta generate some more revenue for the State to mismanage off of the crazy gun people. They'll tax us more too, soon enough.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #76

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
$23.25? You've been drinking tonight, haven't you? Or maybe too much of that fresh, unspoiled air up in MN.

Well, we can't have everyone running around with guns now can we? Especially those that live in the poorer neighborhoods where violence occurs most. And for you tourists, it'll cost you $300. Need to keep the armed riff-raff out.

Heck if the General Assembly really had their way, it would have been $500 for residents. Gotta generate some more revenue for the State to mismanage off of the crazy gun people. They'll tax us more too, soon enough.
Yeah..it should be priced at the bare minimum administrative cost. After all it's established as much of a right as any drivers license and should be affordable to all.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Shade Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Yeah..it should be priced at the bare minimum administrative cost. After all it's established as much of a right as any drivers license and should be affordable to all.
While I completely agree with you, that is not ever gonna happen in this state...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #78

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

[QUOTE=Sonic82;1271350]Yeah..it should be priced at the bare minimum administrative cost. QUOTE]

Illinois residents may not know this, but the "bare minimum administrative cost" in Illinois is usually 3 to 4 times that in any other state. Next time you want to investigate that, just look at your tax bill, then look at any other state for comparable properties. (Obviously NY will be outrageous as well)

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Last edited by Missouribound; 06-10-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh we bitch about the cost of everything in this state, especially the tax bill. We should be the most advanced state in the country with what we pay. Nobody mismanages money like our state government. Nobody.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #80
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Off the top of my head, and clouded with a few caronas, $10 was for mental health checks, $10 for something else and $10 for something else. $30 off the top to support Cook County social programs that have nothing to do with the license.

The ISP said it would cost tens of millions of dollars to implement, so looks like CC holders are bailing out the ISP of their budget woes, because no way it will cost tens of millions of dollars to implement, look at 49 other states. Cost of living may be high, but not that high.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com