more garbage , wth is this crap - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
No he will veto, but it's veto proof because of super majority. Well who knows he said he would veto prior bills, but I do not know if he was behind this bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish View Post
He said he was neutral on this bill. I think with pressure from both madigan and cullerton he will just sign it.
Penis-less (Quinn) will do whatever he is told to do by Madigan.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #32

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In a year I want to see how many of our State Legislators,
in particular the opponents to the effort have CCW licenses.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 06-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Good summary by Dave.

Quote:
Editorial

Illinois' 11th hour concealed carry law

David A. Lombardo

With politics as usual, Illinois legislators bickered up to the last possible minute to pass a concealed carry bill but pass one they did. It warms my old heart that some Democratic legislators were so upset they walked out of the talks realizing their anti-personal protection agenda was going to fail and there wasn't a blasted thing they could do to stop it.

As the sun was setting and the legislators were itching to go home for summer recess, a bill no one particularly liked, but most were willing to live with, was passed. Quite frankly, while the guys in white hats didn't get everything we wanted, the guys in black hats took a far greater hit to their egos and agenda. So what do we know?

The Firearm Concealed Carry Act allows residents and non-residents who meet the basic requirements to apply for a permit to carry a firearm in Illinois. There is no reciprocity beyond that stipulation so don't give up those Utah, Arizona and Florida concealed carry permits if you plan to travel.

For us, it's a $150 fee after taking a 16 hour training program and passing the background check; there is also a three hour recurrent training requirement to recertify every five years. For out of state applicants, it's a $300 fee. The details of the training requirement, which as of yet are unknown, will be stipulated by the Illinois State Police as will the criteria to be a certified instructor. In 2014 the FOID card and the concealed carry card will meld into the Illinois Driver's license or Illinois Identification card.

Permit holders have gun free zones including the usual Federal restrictions of airports, government buildings, etc, plus public transportation. The latter is sure to spark a court challenge almost immediately as it is a de facto anti-concealed carry restriction on the significant commuter population in Cook County. It does provide for concealed carry in restaurants where alcoholic beverages do not account for more than 50% of the business.

The big win for those that support personal protection is it preempts home rule on the regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of concealed handguns and ammunition for concealed handguns as covered by the FOID Act. It also preempts home rule on the prohibition of possession, or ownership of assault weapons unless the ordinance is enacted before, on or within 10 days of the effective date of the Act and any amendment thereafter. Wilson v. Cook County, an action against the Cook County assault weapon ban, is currently in process.

So, while the demand for concealed carry training is at a fevered pitch, we still don't know the specifics or who can teach it. Standby, it's coming and don't let anyone con you into thinking they have a program that qualifies; that's pure nonsense. As soon as we know the requirements we'll start offering the course. The first thing we'll do is notify you, our On Target Newsletter subscribers, and our On Target Radio show listeners, that we'll be offering the course. Tell your friends to go to Facebook, like On Target Radio and sign up for the newsletter there. We'll let you know first before we open it to the public so be sure to keep reading the newsletter and listening to On Target Radio Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. on AM560 THE ANSWER.

KJG67 Likes This 
Old 06-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have put the new CCW law with amendments in to a
MS Word document. If anybody is interested in me
emailing you a copy send me a PM with your email
address.

It is only 57 pages...

I am still analyzing it. It has some good and some not
so good in it. Nothing horrible if you can afford the
fees.

People Like This 
Old 06-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #36
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
address.

It is only 57 pages...

fees.
Thanks Shade for going through it. I'm waiting for it to be signed before I dig too deep. Did get the following two emails this morning. Not too much info, but will pass it along.

NRA-ILA
Quote:

Given that some anti-gun Senators were attempting to skirt the court-ordered mandate and prevent a strong Right to Carry law, final language from this 168-page bill was only released early Friday morning, and was rushed through the legislature without committee consideration - leaving little time for a thorough review before the vote occurred yesterday afternoon. This bill, if enacted, will be far from perfect, but it would provide a form of concealed carry in Illinois which is the lone remaining state in the nation to prohibit legal carrying of firearms for self-defense. The provisions in House Bill 183 would be effective immediately upon the Governor’s signature, although the department of state police would have an additional 180 days to implement the actual licensing process.

This bill contains comprehensive preemption of handgun-related local ordinances for anyone with a FOID card and reserves regulation of all laws relating to the concealed carrying of handguns to the state. It also provides protections to those traveling with firearms by providing comprehensive preemption of local ordinances as applied to individuals with a FOID who are transporting firearms in compliance with all state regulations. Firearms preemption is an important component of this bill, as it prevents lawful concealed carry licensees and firearm owners from being caught in a web of confusing local ordinances and laws as they go about their daily routines.

Serious concerns remain about the implementation, cost and issuance of the concealed carry licenses should Governor Quinn sign it into law.....
ISRA
Quote:

As most of you know by now, a "concealed carry" bill passed both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly yesterday, the last day of the legislature's regular session. By doing so, Illinois has partially met its obligations as ordered by the federal appeals court. The next set of milestones includes getting the governor to sign the legislation and for the state police and other government agencies to implement the provisions of the new concealed carry law.

The bottom line up front is that anyone who feels that the war has now been won is sorely mistaken. The government of Illinois is not any less anti-gun today than it was at this time last year. Passage of this concealed carry bill has not transformed Illinois into Texas by any stretch of the imagination. While the concealed carry bill has left gun owners feeling lukewarm, the gun control movement is boiling mad. You can expect the gun controllers and their friends in the legislature's anti-gun caucus to come back at us with a vengeance. You better believe that the gun-grabbers will make sure that the road to concealed carry implementation a rocky one. You better believe that the gun controllers will redouble their efforts to make private firearm ownership too expensive and too impractical for the average citizen.

As I write this letter to you, the ISRA's team of attorneys and legislative analysts are pouring over the concealed carry bill to evaluate both the obvious and the more subtle ramifications contained in the bill's language. I will not speak to the details of the bill until that analysis is complete. However, it is important that you understand that the bill affects all gun owners - whether they decide to apply for concealed carry or not. There is no illusion that this legislative solution to the court order was arrived at in an atmosphere of trust. Therefore, at this juncture, we are not entirely sure whether the concealed carry bill is an honest effort to enhance your security, or a gun control Trojan Horse that endangers your right to keep and bear arms. When we have a better understanding of the bill and its implications, I will issue further communication with you....
If you're not already an NRA or ISRA member, please join!

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #37
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2044 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Quote:
address.

It is only 57 pages...

fees.
Would be interesting to see if the Federal Courts would find the fees to be excessive and de facto discriminatory against low income families who are the ones who live where they need protection the most. McDonald vs. Chicago was about a relatively low income man in an inner city apartment.

Restrictions on the transportation system also have the potential to be found invalid for similar reasons.

At least you're dealing with a known set of laws. Constitutional Carry is a nice label for an unknown quantity. Not sure anyone really knows what that means.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Thanks Shade for going through it. I'm waiting for it to be signed before I dig too deep. Did get the following two emails this morning. Not too much info, but will pass it along.
Madigan will tell Quinn to sign it, the votes are veto proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Would be interesting to see if the Federal Courts would find the fees to be excessive and de facto discriminatory against low income families who are the ones who live where they need protection the most. McDonald vs. Chicago was about a relatively low income man in an inner city apartment.

Restrictions on the transportation system also have the potential to be found invalid for similar reasons.

At least you're dealing with a known set of laws. Constitutional Carry is a nice label for an unknown quantity. Not sure anyone really knows what that means.
My guess someone will have to file suit and it will have to go to court, but
I agree we have a staring point.

My concerns are the unknown training and who are they going to approve
to do the training, I plan on becoming a CCW instructor.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #39

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Several ways to cut the training time requirement by half, such as previous Hunter Safety Awareness Certs. Lawsuits on the fees will be forthcoming.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #40
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Madigan will tell Quinn to sign it, the votes are veto proof.
Right, but I've heard this kicked around in conversations and found it written out clearly somewhere else.

"If Governor Pat Quinn vetoes the bill, the legislature won't be able to override the veto until October which would miss the June 9th court ordered deadline for concealed carry legislation. If that happens, Illinois becomes an open carry state and each individual municipality could create their own law. Local reps say the veto-proofed nature of the bill puts the governor in a difficult position."

I guess there's the argument too that a veto would be a statement supporting Chicago voters/demorats.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World