more garbage , wth is this crap - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 254 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 53

It is 10 year card that is dated 3/1. So either it sat on their desk at ISP for 3+ months or they'll blame the three legged burrow at the Post Office for it.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #132
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Illinois State Police FAQ to CCW after July 9th.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

EDIT: Sorry, I duplicated a post started on another thread. See here for more info: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/illinois-state-police-release-faq-carry-concealed-illinois-93570/

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Last edited by KJG67; 07-09-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #133
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

SO the ILGA is live and should soon be discussing HB 183 over ride. Quinn is having a special hearing to see what of his amendments have any support at all. If any have even a wee bit of support they are likely to be introduced by the dems in the senate as seperate bills which would ammend the HB183.

So HB 183 may be passed AS IS, but subsequently amended as separate bills in the very near future if we let it happen. I've contacted my senator and asked, "Please vote NO on any changes to the carry concealed law and to any changes which would amend HB183 at this time. Changes should not be implemented until the bill is put into action and the hiccups and bottlenecks are determined."

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Glad to see that the General Assembly put Quinn in his place.

Now for more news....

Quote:
ISRA Special Alert

Members,

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 Attorney General Lisa Madigan filed a motion in the United States District Court for the Southern District, Benton, Illinois division, to dismiss the Illinois State Rifle Association and Mary Shepard case. Lisa Madigan is saying that since Illinois has passed a concealed carry law, the case is moot and should be dismissed.

On Wednesday, July 10, attorneys for the Illinois State Rifle Association and Mary Shepard filed a motion requesting a permanent injunction against the State of Illinois because even though the concealed carry bill has passed, people are still not allowed the right to carry and won't be for at least another 270 days. In short, our civil rights are still being violated even though the concealed carry bill has passed. Furthermore, because neither the federal court decision nor the new Carry Act have repealed the AUUW and UUW statutes, law enforcement will continue to enforce both statutes unless a citizen has a valid carry license. We have asked for immediate relief by Tuesday, July 16, 2013. We are asking that citizens with FOID cards be allowed to carry in compliance with provisions in HB0183. We will keep you informed with the court's decision.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Balota Likes This